My family really enjoyed a hot air ballooning tour from www.hotair.com.au/cairns last May 10, 2012. It was well worth the early wake-up call to be at the site before dawn, then watch the balloon being inflated in the dark, before seeing it float up slowly as the sun rose. Unfortunately, we were not in the first batch so we didn't get to see the sunrise from the balloon. We would have wanted our balloon to rise higher, like the first one, but one advantage of flying low was that we could clearly see the kangaroos jumping around in the fields. After landing in the middle of a sugar cane field, my daughters had fun in helping to deflate the balloon. It was an exhilarating adventure to cap our Australian trip!
Up and Away in Cairns!
- 1 Australia Tour Operator Help
- 2 Amazing vacation in Sydney!!
- 3 Hidden Gems in Melbourne
- 4 Cricket, diving and NZ - how long to fit it all in?
- 5 Hotels in Australia
- 6 Help with 4 weeks on South Island!
- 7 Travel to NZ with a dog
- 8 6 hour wait at sydney for flight to brisbane. Any ideas to pass the time?
- 9 Darwin, Kakadu, Katherine itinerary help
- 10 Australia 18 day trip advice
- 11 Sydney airport to Circular Quay least expensive option
- 12 BEWARE: Avoid Wicked Travel
- 13 3 weeks in NZ self drive
- 14 Careful before booking any short-term accommodation on NSW Coast
- 15 Micronesia- when to visit
- 16 Seeking hike companion for Stewart Island (southernmost NZ)
- 17 Melbourne Airport / Rental Car Question
- 18 Please Help my New Zealand 10 days trip Itinerary...
- 19 10 Days in NZ South Island - Feedback?
- 20 Help me plan my April - May trip to Australia
- 21 1st trip to New Zealand
- 22 Melbourne--in the summer is air conditioning a must ?
- 23 Hotel suggestions near Brisbane airport?
- 24 South Island of New Zealand end of May?
- 25 Foodies, help! Melbourne Chinese Restaurant recommendations