My husband and I will be visiting the Banff/Jasper area for the first time next year. Could you tell me when there is apt to be more fog and mosquitos? Would 3 days at each of these cities cover the must sees? What is the mileage/driving time for each park, including Kootenay and Yoho? What are the must sees? When driving from Banff to Jasper, is it more scenic to go the Bow Valley Parkway or Trans-Canada Highway? If we only did one, how is Banff Gondola in comparison to Jasper Tramway? What shorter hikes do you recommend i.e. 2 to 3 miles roundtrip? Thanks so much for any input!
Banff/Jasper Advice for 60ish First-time Visitors!
- 1 Reservations needed for BC ferries between Tsawwassen and Swartz Bay?
- 2 Canadian Rodeo in early to mid July --- somewhere near Montreal or Ontario?
- 3 Vancouver sightseeing - transportation tips
- 4 Itinery: Ottawa to Newfoundland
- 5 Road Trip from Montreal to PEI to Cape Breton
- 6 First time trip to Montreal for senior couple (late sixties)
- 7 Nova Scotia in June
- 8 Free National Geographic Travel Map of Newfoundland
- 9 Nova Scotia in 10 days - Roundtrip from Bangor, ME
- 10 Montreal-NB-PEI by car for a 7 day trip
- 11 Huge British Columbia roadtrip
- 12 Calgary - Things to Do
- 13 Transportation from Toronto to Niagara Falls
- 14 Need help, can't decide
- 15 Accommodation in Kelowna area
- 16 Canadian SIM card options (in Nova Scotia)?
- 17 NIAGARA FALLS TO RAPID CITY MOST SCENIC ROUTE PLEASE
- 18 Two weeks in Quebec with kids.
- 19 Preclearing US customs in Canada
- 20 Vancouver + Vancouver Island August Trip
- 21 Hike/Trail recommendations in Banff?
- 22 Parksville Or Nanaimo
- 23 Info about Visiting Yoho's Lake O'Hara, please!
- 24 2 weeks in vancouver with small baby
- 25 How similar are the Tofino area of B.C. and the San Juan Islands of WA state?