My husband and I are spending two weeks camping in Newfoundland this summer (late July/early August). We will visit Trinity area, Twillingate area and Gros Morne. Our preference is not to book sites in advance to allow us maximum flexibility. We like to go with the flow as much as possible. We drive a westy camper van and usually stay in provincial or national parks because we like "low tech" camping. (We just graduated to our little van after years of tenting.) While there are always some "first come, first served" sites in these parks, I don't know how risky it is to count on them in peak season. Do we need to reserve sites, or is it safe to wing it? BTW - thanks to all of you posting on your Newfoundland trips, great info!
Camping Advice for Newfoundland?
- 1 Reservations needed for BC ferries between Tsawwassen and Swartz Bay?
- 2 Need help, can't decide
- 3 Calgary - Things to Do
- 4 Transportation from Toronto to Niagara Falls
- 5 Nova Scotia in 10 days - Roundtrip from Bangor, ME
- 6 Accommodation in Kelowna area
- 7 Canadian SIM card options (in Nova Scotia)?
- 8 NIAGARA FALLS TO RAPID CITY MOST SCENIC ROUTE PLEASE
- 9 Canadian Rodeo in early to mid July --- somewhere near Montreal or Ontario?
- 10 Two weeks in Quebec with kids.
- 11 Preclearing US customs in Canada
- 12 Vancouver + Vancouver Island August Trip
- 13 Hike/Trail recommendations in Banff?
- 14 Parksville Or Nanaimo
- 15 Info about Visiting Yoho's Lake O'Hara, please!
- 16 2 weeks in vancouver with small baby
- 17 How similar are the Tofino area of B.C. and the San Juan Islands of WA state?
- 18 help! quebec city with a toddler.
- 19 Sidney, Pender, Galiano, Saturna - best route?
- 20 Brier Island versus Digby (or Annapolis Royal)
- 21 Road Trip from Montreal to PEI to Cape Breton
- 22 Hotel or B and B in Halifax
- 23 chartered power boat trip for family of 5 from Vancouver Island
- 24 Having difficulty finding lodging in Tofino
- 25 13 nights; 12 days in British Columbia - need itinerary