I was thinking of coming back from Vancouver area to Toronto by train and, I thought it might be fun to split up the journey by staying 2-3 nights in Winnipeg (summer).
I hate having the responsbility of renting a car on vacation. Would it be possible to have a pleasant visit to Winnipeg without renting one? I don't care that I "see everything", just that there be some enjoyable activites (for example: museums, music venues, antique stores, parks, historical sites or river viewing places (bike routes and bike rentals would be great too)) within a walkable radius (or accessible by public transit).
Any suggestions of areas of the city to stay in (I enjoy older neighborhoods and areas with a bit of artistic flair) with these thoughts in minds? I love homey B&Bs at an affordable price.
All thoughts welcome.
Can One Have an Enjoyable Few Day Visit in Winnipeg Without A Car?
- 1 Any Canadians driven a rental car from USA into Canada...
- 2 Quebec City Honeymoon
- 3 From Niagara on the Lake to Montreal --- good mid-point for visiting?
- 4 Itinery: Ottawa to Newfoundland
- 5 Nova Scotia in June
- 6 where to go for a romantic vacation in Nova Scotia.
- 7 Golfing in December
- 8 Vancouver + Vancouver Island August Trip
- 9 Canadian Rodeo in early to mid July --- somewhere near Montreal or Ontario?
- 10 Restaurants in Niagara Falls - ON side
- 11 Reservations needed for BC ferries between Tsawwassen and Swartz Bay?
- 12 Hotel Reservations
- 13 Olde Stone Inn Hotel - Niagara Falls, ON
- 14 Trip to Rockies
- 15 Vancouver sightseeing - transportation tips
- 16 Buchart Gardens - Will flowers be blooming in early September?
- 17 Parksville Or Nanaimo
- 18 Huge British Columbia roadtrip
- 19 Road Trip from Montreal to PEI to Cape Breton
- 20 First time trip to Montreal for senior couple (late sixties)
- 21 Free National Geographic Travel Map of Newfoundland
- 22 Nova Scotia in 10 days - Roundtrip from Bangor, ME
- 23 Montreal-NB-PEI by car for a 7 day trip
- 24 Calgary - Things to Do
- 25 Transportation from Toronto to Niagara Falls