I'm considering spending 3 days in both Montreal and Quebec City, maybe 2 in Montreal and 1 in Quebec City. Coming from Toronto possibly from 26th to 28th Dec. Want to take the 'cheap' route for this trip. Have a few questions?
1) Apart from Via Rail or Greyhound buses, are there any other 'cheap' options for getting to Toronto to Montreal, and then also from Montreal to Quebec City?
Haven't yet decided the route.....i.e. TO to Montreal then Quebec City and back to TO, or other way around. Suspect it shouldn't make a difference.
2) Any suggestions of 'cheaper' hotels or motels to stay in both Montreal and Quebec City?
3) I won't be having a car. So, is it worthwhile going to Quebec City? What is public transport like there?
Montreal and Quebec City for Christmas Holidays
- 1 Any Canadians driven a rental car from USA into Canada...
- 2 Trip to Rockies
- 3 Golfing in December
- 4 Vancouver sightseeing - transportation tips
- 5 Quebec City Honeymoon
- 6 Restaurants in Niagara Falls - ON side
- 7 From Niagara on the Lake to Montreal --- good mid-point for visiting?
- 8 Itinery: Ottawa to Newfoundland
- 9 Nova Scotia in June
- 10 where to go for a romantic vacation in Nova Scotia.
- 11 Vancouver + Vancouver Island August Trip
- 12 Canadian Rodeo in early to mid July --- somewhere near Montreal or Ontario?
- 13 Reservations needed for BC ferries between Tsawwassen and Swartz Bay?
- 14 Hotel Reservations
- 15 Olde Stone Inn Hotel - Niagara Falls, ON
- 16 Buchart Gardens - Will flowers be blooming in early September?
- 17 Parksville Or Nanaimo
- 18 Huge British Columbia roadtrip
- 19 Road Trip from Montreal to PEI to Cape Breton
- 20 First time trip to Montreal for senior couple (late sixties)
- 21 Free National Geographic Travel Map of Newfoundland
- 22 Nova Scotia in 10 days - Roundtrip from Bangor, ME
- 23 Montreal-NB-PEI by car for a 7 day trip
- 24 Calgary - Things to Do
- 25 Transportation from Toronto to Niagara Falls