This summer I would like to drive the famous Alaska Highway to Whitehorse (16th time), on to Dawson City and up the Dempster highway across the Arctic Circle for the first time. I know the highways and history well. While the paving of the Alaska Highway has reduced some of the challenge since my first trip in 1975, the Dempster is still an adventure awaiting me. My vehicle and I are well prepared for the trip, but my dog and I would like an enthusiastic companion. I am a 43 y.o. male looking for a female companion up to the adventure. Side trips could included Skaguay Alaska, Fort Liard NWT or Anchorage Alaska. While I have hiked the Chilkoot Trail between Skaguay and Yukon, and reservations usually have to be made well in advance, this is a possible side trip as well.
Road Trip to the Arctic Circle
- 1 Huge British Columbia roadtrip
- 2 Nova Scotia in 10 days - Roundtrip from Bangor, ME
- 3 First time trip to Montreal for senior couple (late sixties)
- 4 Reservations needed for BC ferries between Tsawwassen and Swartz Bay?
- 5 Need help, can't decide
- 6 Calgary - Things to Do
- 7 Transportation from Toronto to Niagara Falls
- 8 Accommodation in Kelowna area
- 9 Canadian SIM card options (in Nova Scotia)?
- 10 NIAGARA FALLS TO RAPID CITY MOST SCENIC ROUTE PLEASE
- 11 Canadian Rodeo in early to mid July --- somewhere near Montreal or Ontario?
- 12 Two weeks in Quebec with kids.
- 13 Preclearing US customs in Canada
- 14 Vancouver + Vancouver Island August Trip
- 15 Hike/Trail recommendations in Banff?
- 16 Parksville Or Nanaimo
- 17 Info about Visiting Yoho's Lake O'Hara, please!
- 18 2 weeks in vancouver with small baby
- 19 How similar are the Tofino area of B.C. and the San Juan Islands of WA state?
- 20 help! quebec city with a toddler.
- 21 Sidney, Pender, Galiano, Saturna - best route?
- 22 Brier Island versus Digby (or Annapolis Royal)
- 23 Road Trip from Montreal to PEI to Cape Breton
- 24 Hotel or B and B in Halifax
- 25 chartered power boat trip for family of 5 from Vancouver Island