This summer (May-October) I would like to drive the famous Alaska Highway to Whitehorse (16th time), on to Dawson City (4th time) and up the Dempster highway across the Arctic Circle (1st time). I know the highways and history well. While the paving of the Alaska Highway has reduced some of the challenge since my first trip in 1975, the Dempster is still an adventure awaiting me. My vehicle and I are well prepared for the trip, but my dog and I would like an enthusiastic companion. I am a 43 y.o. male looking for a female companion up to the adventure. Side trips could included Skaguay Alaska, Fort Liard NWT or Anchorage Alaska. While I have hiked the Chilkoot Trail between Skaguay and Yukon, and reservations usually have to be made well in advance, this is a possible side trip as well.
Roadtrip to the Arctic Circle
- 1 From Niagara on the Lake to Montreal --- good mid-point for visiting?
- 2 Itinery: Ottawa to Newfoundland
- 3 Nova Scotia in June
- 4 where to go for a romantic vacation in Nova Scotia.
- 5 Golfing in December
- 6 Vancouver + Vancouver Island August Trip
- 7 Any Canadians driven a rental car from USA into Canada...
- 8 Canadian Rodeo in early to mid July --- somewhere near Montreal or Ontario?
- 9 Restaurants in Niagara Falls - ON side
- 10 Reservations needed for BC ferries between Tsawwassen and Swartz Bay?
- 11 Hotel Reservations
- 12 Olde Stone Inn Hotel - Niagara Falls, ON
- 13 Trip to Rockies
- 14 Vancouver sightseeing - transportation tips
- 15 Buchart Gardens - Will flowers be blooming in early September?
- 16 Parksville Or Nanaimo
- 17 Huge British Columbia roadtrip
- 18 Road Trip from Montreal to PEI to Cape Breton
- 19 First time trip to Montreal for senior couple (late sixties)
- 20 Free National Geographic Travel Map of Newfoundland
- 21 Nova Scotia in 10 days - Roundtrip from Bangor, ME
- 22 Montreal-NB-PEI by car for a 7 day trip
- 23 Calgary - Things to Do
- 24 Transportation from Toronto to Niagara Falls
- 25 Need help, can't decide