Hey all, I'm about to take off from FL this May to travel cross-country, in the most extreme of terms... I'm just in the brainstorming phase now... researching, hours on the internet, it's so hard to make decisions. I've got it all figured out from FL to the NW corner of WA I've looked into the Alaska Marine Hwy, but at the beginning of high-season, it's gonna cost me about $2,000 to get me, Kona (my lil black cat) with a cabin, since I have to sleep somewhere & my vehicle from Bellingham to Whittier. It'd be cool, save me some mileage and worry about trying to take the scenic route (and potentially dangerous route as a SOLO female traveler, not to mention, camping in an unknown territory with new dangers I'm not accustomed to like bear that want to eat Kona and can smell my food from miles away). That's something I think I'd like to do with a cool person I meet in Anchorage during my 13 week contract, ON THE WAY BACK, in early Sept maybe. I don't know..... I know it's better weather in May/June for camping. Then I think, maybe I should drive up the Stewart-Cassiar, and come back on the ferry when the prices go down in Sept.... Any suggestions??? I will be able to drive longer hours probably on the way up, since it'll be about 19 hrs of daylight-ish. Ergh. I'm just feeling a little overwhelmed right now. I'm not in it to be gung-ho tourist. I just want to get there and I'll be able to spread my wings during my 13 weeks there as an RN, since I only have to work 3 days a week! Thanks in advance.
Travel RN to take the Stewart Cassiar in late May/early June with kitty?!
- 1 Golfing in December
- 2 Vancouver + Vancouver Island August Trip
- 3 From Niagara on the Lake to Montreal --- good mid-point for visiting?
- 4 Any Canadians driven a rental car from USA into Canada...
- 5 where to go for a romantic vacation in Nova Scotia.
- 6 Canadian Rodeo in early to mid July --- somewhere near Montreal or Ontario?
- 7 Restaurants in Niagara Falls - ON side
- 8 Reservations needed for BC ferries between Tsawwassen and Swartz Bay?
- 9 Hotel Reservations
- 10 Olde Stone Inn Hotel - Niagara Falls, ON
- 11 Trip to Rockies
- 12 Vancouver sightseeing - transportation tips
- 13 Buchart Gardens - Will flowers be blooming in early September?
- 14 Parksville Or Nanaimo
- 15 Huge British Columbia roadtrip
- 16 Road Trip from Montreal to PEI to Cape Breton
- 17 Itinery: Ottawa to Newfoundland
- 18 First time trip to Montreal for senior couple (late sixties)
- 19 Nova Scotia in June
- 20 Free National Geographic Travel Map of Newfoundland
- 21 Nova Scotia in 10 days - Roundtrip from Bangor, ME
- 22 Montreal-NB-PEI by car for a 7 day trip
- 23 Calgary - Things to Do
- 24 Transportation from Toronto to Niagara Falls
- 25 Need help, can't decide