We are planning a 10-day trip in Newfoundland this summer. Our Airmiles are paying for our flight tickets (yay!), but we had to cut down our original 16-day itinerary to respect our budget.
So here is our dilemma: We can either fly into GANDER, then spend 4 days in Twillingate (we would be there during the Fish and Folk Festival), 2 or 3 days near Springdale and 2 or 3 days near Terra Nova Park, fly back from Gander.
OR, we can fly into Deer Lake, spend 4 days in Lark's Harbour, then the remaining days near Belle Bay to hike in Gros Morne.
We want to experience small town hospitality, do quite a lot of moderate hiking, and some boat tours. We are moderately fit in our early 40s.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Where to go in Newfoundland?
- 1 Vancouver + Vancouver Island August Trip
- 2 where to go for a romantic vacation in Nova Scotia.
- 3 Any Canadians driven a rental car from USA into Canada...
- 4 Canadian Rodeo in early to mid July --- somewhere near Montreal or Ontario?
- 5 Restaurants in Niagara Falls - ON side
- 6 Reservations needed for BC ferries between Tsawwassen and Swartz Bay?
- 7 Hotel Reservations
- 8 Olde Stone Inn Hotel - Niagara Falls, ON
- 9 Trip to Rockies
- 10 Vancouver sightseeing - transportation tips
- 11 Buchart Gardens - Will flowers be blooming in early September?
- 12 Parksville Or Nanaimo
- 13 Huge British Columbia roadtrip
- 14 Road Trip from Montreal to PEI to Cape Breton
- 15 Itinery: Ottawa to Newfoundland
- 16 First time trip to Montreal for senior couple (late sixties)
- 17 Nova Scotia in June
- 18 Free National Geographic Travel Map of Newfoundland
- 19 Nova Scotia in 10 days - Roundtrip from Bangor, ME
- 20 Montreal-NB-PEI by car for a 7 day trip
- 21 Calgary - Things to Do
- 22 Transportation from Toronto to Niagara Falls
- 23 Need help, can't decide
- 24 Accommodation in Kelowna area
- 25 Canadian SIM card options (in Nova Scotia)?