Back from a week at Bougainvillea -- spacious, clean and well-maintained one-BR deluxe suite with king bed in BR, large bathroom with tub, shower and double sinks with lots of counter space, queen sofa bed in the living room, and full modern kitchen facilities -- the hotel had pleasant staff, low-key atmosphere, great beach, and good basic restaurant and pool bar -- arranging grocery delivery was a nice convenience for stocking the room with basic breakfast items, snacks and beverages -- we had a great taxi driver who drove us every day (Emerson Clarke), a sweet, dependable gentleman with a spotless car, who was recommended to us by Lois Swanson -- we had great dinners at Southsea, Champers, Aqua and Pisces -- also, really good Italian food at Luigi's (less well-known because it is in a quiet residential area, so it was not very busy) -- the only blemish was a disappointing evening at Bellini's (who had no record of our confirmed reservation, then took a while to seat us, and served up several overcooked, gummy pasta dishes) -- we enjoyed the tram tour of Harrison's Caves, which are quite impressive -- otherwise, most of out time was spent relaxing at the beach -- we would certainly recommend the Bougainvillea and the island of Barbados.
Barbados trip report
- 1 Need some guidance with my Puerto Rican vacation!
- 2 St.Thomas St. John
- 3 Which island to visit???
- 4 June vacation trip for guys
- 5 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 6 Four Seasons Nevis or Four Seasons Punta Mita, Mexico?
- 7 HONEYMOONERS on BUDGET...HELP
- 8 Multi Family Vacation- Caribbean
- 9 DR vs Riviera Maya - Which Resort?
- 10 Honeymoon Help!
- 11 Search Engines for Any Caribbean destination?
- 12 Anyone drive a rental car in Dominican Republic?
- 13 Grand Cayman
- 14 Sandals La Source Grenada
- 15 Sandos Playacar Beach resort
- 16 Gifts for Cubans - ElectricalOutlets
- 17 Honeymoon - St. Lucia, Martinique, St. Vincent & the Grenadines
- 18 Sisters trip can't seem to narrow down
- 19 quiet and relaxing
- 20 Dress Code - Little Dix Bay
- 21 Scam & Fraud in Cancun / Mexico = Watch Out For Mayan Palace!!
- 22 Planning a Thanksgiving 2013 Honeymoon- Caribbean or Mexico?
- 23 All Inclusive for small children?
- 24 Private tours in Jamaica
- 25 Harbor Condos from VRBO