It's a walk-off.
My wife and I have whittled down our options for a Caribbean trip this Spring, and now we have to choose between two resorts: Four Seasons Nevis and Carlisle Bay Antigua. Our AMEX travel agent has recommended these two, and we'll be getting the FHR benefts at both.
We are a young couple looking for a relaxing vacation with lots of time on the beach. We would prefer not to have too many kids around, but a few is OK. I think our travel timing (late May) will ensure that we're not swamped with families anyway.
We aren't planning on being too adventurous, and most days we'll probably spend on a chaise in the sand. However, we would appreciate the option of exploring the island beyond the resort, taking nature hikes, shopping, going out to eat.
In terms of watersports, we would like on-site access to sailboats, paddleboards, and snorkeling. We prefer calm, shallow water, as we've spent some time recently at places that have lots of wave action/current and we want a change.
We also want to go on a horseback trail/beach ride at some point. We are very into food, and we love big breakfasts (especially since they're free via FHR).
We love making use of the spa, too.
To give you a reference point, we went to Parrot Cay and Grace Bay Club this past fall, and we loved both, but we especially loved the upscale yet relaxed feel of Parrot Cay (and the Como Shambala spa was killer).
I think the FS is going to end up being cheaper on the front end, but we would be willing to spend more for Carlisle if it's worth the premium.
Any advice would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!
Four Seasons Nevis vs. Carlisle Bay Antigua
It's a walk-off.
- 1 Meditation and yoga Retreat in Caribbean or Costa Rica
- 2 St.Thomas St. John
- 3 DR vs Riviera Maya - Which Resort?
- 4 Need some guidance with my Puerto Rican vacation!
- 5 Suggestions on Good Restaurants in Grand Cayman
- 6 Four Seasons Nevis or Four Seasons Punta Mita, Mexico?
- 7 June vacation trip for guys
- 8 Which island to visit???
- 9 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 10 HONEYMOONERS on BUDGET...HELP
- 11 Multi Family Vacation- Caribbean
- 12 Honeymoon Help!
- 13 Search Engines for Any Caribbean destination?
- 14 Anyone drive a rental car in Dominican Republic?
- 15 Grand Cayman
- 16 Sandals La Source Grenada
- 17 Sandos Playacar Beach resort
- 18 Gifts for Cubans - ElectricalOutlets
- 19 Honeymoon - St. Lucia, Martinique, St. Vincent & the Grenadines
- 20 Sisters trip can't seem to narrow down
- 21 quiet and relaxing
- 22 Dress Code - Little Dix Bay
- 23 Scam & Fraud in Cancun / Mexico = Watch Out For Mayan Palace!!
- 24 Planning a Thanksgiving 2013 Honeymoon- Caribbean or Mexico?
- 25 All Inclusive for small children?