I was hoping to get some feedback on a few island vacation spots. I have been all over fodor's researching the caribbean, as well as in books and other websites. My husband and I are leaving the kids with the grandparents and are heading out for our first trip to the caribbean this summer, July time frame as this is easier with summer break! I have been back and forth with several islands, but I hope I have it narrowed down: Budget, up to 8,000 with airfare.
1) St Lucia, Sugar beach resort, East Winds, or Anse Chastinet
2) Nevis, Four Seasons
3) Grenada, Spice Island Beach Resort
4) Curacao, Lodge Kura Hulanda and Beach Culb, and Maybe Anguilla
*We want good sunbathing and swimming beaches (safe too).
*above average snorkeling would be great!
*kayaking and other water activities are important.
*close proximity to the beach! Don't want to have to drive for good beaches
*food on site and near by. Don't need anything fancy! Fish sandwich would be great!
*not too difficult to get to by plane. Leaving from Miami.
*some off site excursions would be great. We love exploring!!
I have considered the Turks and some other northern islands, but they are too barren and boring, outside of the water of course! Something with decent snorkeling, ruins, and or waterfalls to explore would be great. We are going for about 8-10 days. If I left anything out I apologize. Thank you in advance for any help you can give
Fun in the sun caribbean getaway
- 1 June vacation trip for guys
- 2 Which island to visit???
- 3 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 4 Four Seasons Nevis or Four Seasons Punta Mita, Mexico?
- 5 HONEYMOONERS on BUDGET...HELP
- 6 Multi Family Vacation- Caribbean
- 7 DR vs Riviera Maya - Which Resort?
- 8 Real St. Lucia Tours
- 9 Honeymoon Help!
- 10 Search Engines for Any Caribbean destination?
- 11 Anyone drive a rental car in Dominican Republic?
- 12 Grand Cayman
- 13 Sandals La Source Grenada
- 14 Sandos Playacar Beach resort
- 15 Gifts for Cubans - ElectricalOutlets
- 16 Honeymoon - St. Lucia, Martinique, St. Vincent & the Grenadines
- 17 Sisters trip can't seem to narrow down
- 18 quiet and relaxing
- 19 Dress Code - Little Dix Bay
- 20 Scam & Fraud in Cancun / Mexico = Watch Out For Mayan Palace!!
- 21 Planning a Thanksgiving 2013 Honeymoon- Caribbean or Mexico?
- 22 Need some guidance with my Puerto Rican vacation!
- 23 All Inclusive for small children?
- 24 Private tours in Jamaica
- 25 Harbor Condos from VRBO