I am a moderately experienced traveler (some Europe, Australia, Puerto Rico, USVI, Bahamas) and love to explore. I will be going on my honeymoon in mid-May with my husband who has never left the country. I planned an amazing Spanish honeymoon, but then realized we should probably reign it in a little. We are now looking at a week in either the Caribbean or Central America and I need some suggestions.
We want snorkeling, spa time, exploration potential, shopping and time on the beach. I loved San Juan--the beach was small, but there was a rainforest, the lechoneros outside the city, walking to Old San Juan. I loved the USVI--being on St. Thomas and able to ferry to St. John. Unfortunately those are not options for this honeymoon.
From what I've read on the forums it looks like Turks & Caicos and Curacao are popular. As are Costa Rica and parts of Mexico. I want to avoid the Sandals vibe of St. Lucia. I would love some thoughts from recent travelers...
May 2013 Honeymoon
- 1 St. Thomas - Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Mariott Beach Resort
- 2 IGA Store in walking distance from the Alexandria Resort
- 3 Which island to visit???
- 4 Looking for cheap place to stay during augustus-oktober 2013
- 5 May 2013 Honeymoon
- 6 San Juan airport (SJU) public bus
- 7 Seven Seas on T&C, what to do and what to see?
- 8 Verandah Resort on Antigua
- 9 DR vs Riviera Maya - Which Resort?
- 10 Best place for a massage in Anguilla?
- 11 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 12 Bermuda Trip
- 13 quiet and relaxing
- 14 Spirit Airlines to Caribbean - Need help w/carryon question.
- 15 Meditation and yoga Retreat in Caribbean or Costa Rica
- 16 St.Thomas St. John
- 17 Need some guidance with my Puerto Rican vacation!
- 18 Suggestions on Good Restaurants in Grand Cayman
- 19 Four Seasons Nevis or Four Seasons Punta Mita, Mexico?
- 20 June vacation trip for guys
- 21 HONEYMOONERS on BUDGET...HELP
- 22 Multi Family Vacation- Caribbean
- 23 Honeymoon Help!
- 24 Search Engines for Any Caribbean destination?
- 25 Anyone drive a rental car in Dominican Republic?