For any of you who have read my other post regarding Baltic versus Mediterranean cruise, thank you for your help and we've decided on the DCL Med cruise. Although it's too early to book our flights, I am trying to have everything planned out so that we will be able to book on the first possible day tickets become available (we're using miles). It seems like the only direct flight to Newark airport is at 10:45 AM and the ship is expected to arrive in the port (Barcelona) at 7 AM. After reading other posts on this board, I know that we'll need to carry our own luggage to speed up the process, but I still have no idea if it is feasible that we'd be able to make a 10:45 AM flight. We really would like to avoid having to stay over an extra night in Barcelona (need to get back to work!) and also would like to avoid an indirect flight (we'll be traveling with a 21 month old!). The cruise line gave me the safe answer that they recommend booking flights 12:30 PM or later, but I was hoping that seasoned European cruisers on this board can give me more "practical" advice! Thanks!
10:45 AM flight too risky when ship is expected in Barcelona port at 7 AM?
- 1 Travel Report for Azamara Journey - Asia Cruise
- 2 Boston: Black Falcon Terminal to Hilton at Logan by taxi or ship transfer?
- 3 Venice Port and Hotel help
- 4 Regent vs Oceania Australia/New Zealand 2014
- 5 first time cruise (Carribean): what money do we take?
- 6 Cayos Cochinos
- 7 California Coastal Cruise
- 8 (Almost) Day and a half in Rome
- 9 Shared excursions on Norwegian Spirit June 16, 2013 sailing
- 10 Cheap cruises - I think it is about having realistic expectations
- 11 Royal Caribbean drink prices and the new alcohol policy 2013
- 12 Going on a Cruise? Do you still want to after you read this?
- 13 Grand Turk
- 14 Transportation from Rome airport to Port
- 15 cruise ship illness outbreaks (the Norovirus reports for 2012&2013)
- 16 Shore excursions on Paul Gaugin ship in Tahiti?
- 17 6 solid days at sea w/transatlantic trip
- 18 Carnival Triumph to be Fun Ship 2.0 refurbished
- 19 Which River Cruise company?? Amsterdam to Vienna 2014
- 20 Best River cruise company for Europe?
- 21 Anyone had problems with Affordable Tours?
- 22 Short cruise, small boat on Prince William Sound Alaska?
- 23 Feedback: What are your thoughts on cruising?
- 24 Why did pick a certain cruise line?
- 25 What are the most unusual items you pack for a cruise?