Would anyone know whether Carnival Cruise lines (or other cruise lines) block money from your credit card at time of sailing, and then unblock them on your return, like many car hire companies do?
If in the affirmative, how much on average do they block, is is per person in the family and per night on the cruise?
I know that this would be a guarantee for them that at the end of the cruise they would be paid for any expenses you make during the cruise, but I am always annoyed when car hire companies do it, without even informing the client of the amount that they block from your credit card.
blocking money from credit cards
- 1 A few questions about RCI Majesty of the Seas
- 2 Shore Excursions Falmouth, Jamaica and Grand Cayman
- 3 Carnival Triumph to be Fun Ship 2.0 refurbished
- 4 Going on a Cruise? Do you still want to after you read this?
- 5 Boston: Black Falcon Terminal to Hilton at Logan by taxi or ship transfer?
- 6 Rhine River Cruise - Amsterdam to Zurick
- 7 Alaska-Oceania vs Regent
- 8 Travel Report for Azamara Journey - Asia Cruise
- 9 Venice Port and Hotel help
- 10 Regent vs Oceania Australia/New Zealand 2014
- 11 first time cruise (Carribean): what money do we take?
- 12 Cayos Cochinos
- 13 California Coastal Cruise
- 14 (Almost) Day and a half in Rome
- 15 Shared excursions on Norwegian Spirit June 16, 2013 sailing
- 16 Cheap cruises - I think it is about having realistic expectations
- 17 Royal Caribbean drink prices and the new alcohol policy 2013
- 18 Grand Turk
- 19 Transportation from Rome airport to Port
- 20 cruise ship illness outbreaks (the Norovirus reports for 2012&2013)
- 21 Shore excursions on Paul Gaugin ship in Tahiti?
- 22 6 solid days at sea w/transatlantic trip
- 23 Which River Cruise company?? Amsterdam to Vienna 2014
- 24 Best River cruise company for Europe?
- 25 Anyone had problems with Affordable Tours?