I recently returned from the 16-day Sunshine Holiday cruise aboard the QE2. While overall I had a nice time (the ship herself being the best part of the experience), I was very disapointed by the lack of daily activities and I'm wondering if I missed something. As far as I could see from our Daily Programmes the daily (non-evening) activities were limited to BINGO, ballroom dancing, a film matinee (mostly old b&w classics such as Casablanca or the occassinal film dud like the J Lo/ Richard Gere turkey SHALL WE DANCE), and an occasional 45 minute lecture. The lectures did not inlude any covering the ports of call, and one billed as a lecture on marine Search and Rescue operations was given by a passenger who discussed his coastal England youth volunteer "rescue" organization. Not exactly stimulating. Most people seemed to sit on the deck or inside and either read or chit chat. I don't need rock climbing walls, but everyone had told me there'd be so much to do on a cruise ship. Is the QE2 that different? I'm mid-thirties and traveled with my parents, who were also a bit underwhelmed on sea days. We did a lot of deck walks, reading
Daily Activities- Did I miss something?
- 1 What to pack for an Alaska Inside Passage Cruise in mid-June
- 2 A few questions about RCI Majesty of the Seas
- 3 Boston: Black Falcon Terminal to Hilton at Logan by taxi or ship transfer?
- 4 Rhine River Cruise - Amsterdam to Zurick
- 5 Alaska-Oceania vs Regent
- 6 Travel Report for Azamara Journey - Asia Cruise
- 7 Venice Port and Hotel help
- 8 Regent vs Oceania Australia/New Zealand 2014
- 9 first time cruise (Carribean): what money do we take?
- 10 Cayos Cochinos
- 11 California Coastal Cruise
- 12 (Almost) Day and a half in Rome
- 13 Shared excursions on Norwegian Spirit June 16, 2013 sailing
- 14 Cheap cruises - I think it is about having realistic expectations
- 15 Royal Caribbean drink prices and the new alcohol policy 2013
- 16 Going on a Cruise? Do you still want to after you read this?
- 17 Grand Turk
- 18 Transportation from Rome airport to Port
- 19 cruise ship illness outbreaks (the Norovirus reports for 2012&2013)
- 20 Shore excursions on Paul Gaugin ship in Tahiti?
- 21 6 solid days at sea w/transatlantic trip
- 22 Carnival Triumph to be Fun Ship 2.0 refurbished
- 23 Which River Cruise company?? Amsterdam to Vienna 2014
- 24 Best River cruise company for Europe?
- 25 Anyone had problems with Affordable Tours?