Just came back from a week cruise in Alaska aboard the Celebrity Infinity. First I would like to say that the entertainment was fantastic and the food was good (except for the specialty restaurant which was also fantastic). I booked a balcony in the concierge class of cabins and was totally disappointed because our cabin 9154, had an overhang from the floor above us of approx. 15 feet. which prevented us from seeing the snow covered mountain ranges and other panoramic views. I truly believe that this cabin should have been considered a balcony with an obstructive view. Upon return home I called Celebrity and was informed that because the floor above was part of the ship it was not considered an obstruction. I, plus the 3 other couples who had similiar cabins (all on the 9th deck) disagree with their explanation. This is being written just so anyone considering this particular ship should be aware of the problem because even the travel agent was unaware of this obstruction. In my estimation, Celebrity missed the boat on this issue and I now wonder what other issues they hide and not reveal to any other prospective cruisers on their other ships.
Disappointing cruise on Celebrity Infinity
- 1 (Almost) Day and a half in Rome
- 2 Boston to Bermuda on NCL's Dawn
- 3 What to pack for an Alaska Inside Passage Cruise in mid-June
- 4 Boston: Black Falcon Terminal to Hilton at Logan by taxi or ship transfer?
- 5 quick lunch in Paris
- 6 A few questions about RCI Majesty of the Seas
- 7 Rhine River Cruise - Amsterdam to Zurick
- 8 Alaska-Oceania vs Regent
- 9 Travel Report for Azamara Journey - Asia Cruise
- 10 Venice Port and Hotel help
- 11 Regent vs Oceania Australia/New Zealand 2014
- 12 first time cruise (Carribean): what money do we take?
- 13 Cayos Cochinos
- 14 California Coastal Cruise
- 15 Shared excursions on Norwegian Spirit June 16, 2013 sailing
- 16 Royal Caribbean drink prices and the new alcohol policy 2013
- 17 Going on a Cruise? Do you still want to after you read this?
- 18 Grand Turk
- 19 Transportation from Rome airport to Port
- 20 cruise ship illness outbreaks (the Norovirus reports for 2012&2013)
- 21 Shore excursions on Paul Gaugin ship in Tahiti?
- 22 6 solid days at sea w/transatlantic trip
- 23 Carnival Triumph to be Fun Ship 2.0 refurbished
- 24 Which River Cruise company?? Amsterdam to Vienna 2014
- 25 Best River cruise company for Europe?