I am on April's NCL Star transatlantic cruise. The ship stops in Dover from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. The cruise line offers an 8 1/2 hour excursion to London from Dover for $59 with 4 hours free time in London. I was wondering if anyone knows how far the ships docks from the bus or train stop in Dover, what stop would be best to get off in London and how long it would take on a Saturday (May 4). I believe I can look up bus & train schedules but would love that info if available to you. I am also interested in your opinion whether to take the ship's excursion or go on my own. I have gone on many cruise excursions and done much exploring in ports on my own, but I have never been to London. Thank you for your help. Just as an aside, the ship will be in Helsingborg, Sweden on Monday, May 6th from 8:00 am 6:00 pm - any thoughts.
Dover's Dock to London
- 1 first time cruise (Carribean): what money do we take?
- 2 "Shore Excursions in Italy.net"
- 3 What to pack for an Alaska Inside Passage Cruise in mid-June
- 4 World cruise?
- 5 Trip report: Sapphire Princess May 11-18 2013/Wine Country Coastal
- 6 cruise from miami to Los angles
- 7 Just Returned from Gate 1 Danube River Cruise
- 8 A few questions about RCI Majesty of the Seas
- 9 quick lunch in Paris
- 10 (Almost) Day and a half in Rome
- 11 Boston to Bermuda on NCL's Dawn
- 12 Boston: Black Falcon Terminal to Hilton at Logan by taxi or ship transfer?
- 13 Rhine River Cruise - Amsterdam to Zurick
- 14 Alaska-Oceania vs Regent
- 15 Travel Report for Azamara Journey - Asia Cruise
- 16 Venice Port and Hotel help
- 17 Regent vs Oceania Australia/New Zealand 2014
- 18 Cayos Cochinos
- 19 California Coastal Cruise
- 20 Shared excursions on Norwegian Spirit June 16, 2013 sailing
- 21 Royal Caribbean drink prices and the new alcohol policy 2013
- 22 Going on a Cruise? Do you still want to after you read this?
- 23 Grand Turk
- 24 Transportation from Rome airport to Port
- 25 cruise ship illness outbreaks (the Norovirus reports for 2012&2013)