I have never been on a cruise until next year. My friend and I are taking a Windstar cruise and we had questions about the excursions. Is it possible to go on our own at the different stops? Does the ship "tie up" and we can get off or will we need to take an excursion to get to land We were thinking we could explore on our own or hire a local guide.
Thanks for your help.
Excursions on Cruise Ships --- Do I have to?
- 1 Pre-Cruise Civitavecchia Hotel w/FCO transfers. Any suggestions?
- 2 Boston: Black Falcon Terminal to Hilton at Logan by taxi or ship transfer?
- 3 quick lunch in Paris
- 4 What to pack for an Alaska Inside Passage Cruise in mid-June
- 5 A few questions about RCI Majesty of the Seas
- 6 Rhine River Cruise - Amsterdam to Zurick
- 7 Alaska-Oceania vs Regent
- 8 Travel Report for Azamara Journey - Asia Cruise
- 9 Venice Port and Hotel help
- 10 Regent vs Oceania Australia/New Zealand 2014
- 11 first time cruise (Carribean): what money do we take?
- 12 Cayos Cochinos
- 13 California Coastal Cruise
- 14 (Almost) Day and a half in Rome
- 15 Shared excursions on Norwegian Spirit June 16, 2013 sailing
- 16 Royal Caribbean drink prices and the new alcohol policy 2013
- 17 Going on a Cruise? Do you still want to after you read this?
- 18 Grand Turk
- 19 Transportation from Rome airport to Port
- 20 cruise ship illness outbreaks (the Norovirus reports for 2012&2013)
- 21 Shore excursions on Paul Gaugin ship in Tahiti?
- 22 6 solid days at sea w/transatlantic trip
- 23 Carnival Triumph to be Fun Ship 2.0 refurbished
- 24 Which River Cruise company?? Amsterdam to Vienna 2014
- 25 Best River cruise company for Europe?