I took a river cruise in the South of France with Grand Circle Travel this past Christmas. On the very first night of the cruise, I was sexually groped by the Hotel Manager, Mario, as I was trying to get into my room!! I was totally shocked and in disbelief and was able to get into my room after I pushed him off me. Since he was in charge and this was such a small ship, there was no one I could tell and I was also afraid at what he might do. I notified GCT when I returned to the States, and I got jerked around for 5 months by two top reps there. I finally got a letter from GCT five months later stating that the hotel manager denied the accusations (of course he did, he’s married) and they put him on probation (slap on the hand). They also stated that they didn’t feel I was entitled to any any sort of compensation. Not only was this trip expensive, it was my first trip to Europe and my whole trip was ruined by the hotel manager, an employee of GCT! I was humiliated and embarrassed. It got to the point where I had my roommate go to the front desk to get our room keys, etc. since the manager was always at the desk. This jerk continued to flirt with me the entire week even though I was very cold to him, so I was extremely uncomfortable the whole week. And being such a small ship, I didn’t want to cause a scene; I didn’t know what he would do! I would never travel with GCT again. Single women, beware, GCT has no respect for our safety, well being or feelings! This behavior might be ok in France, but not here in the States, and this should not be tolerated by an American-based company!
Grand Circle Travel
- 1 Rhine River Cruise - Amsterdam to Zurick
- 2 Alaska-Oceania vs Regent
- 3 Travel Report for Azamara Journey - Asia Cruise
- 4 Boston: Black Falcon Terminal to Hilton at Logan by taxi or ship transfer?
- 5 Venice Port and Hotel help
- 6 Regent vs Oceania Australia/New Zealand 2014
- 7 first time cruise (Carribean): what money do we take?
- 8 Cayos Cochinos
- 9 California Coastal Cruise
- 10 (Almost) Day and a half in Rome
- 11 Shared excursions on Norwegian Spirit June 16, 2013 sailing
- 12 Cheap cruises - I think it is about having realistic expectations
- 13 Royal Caribbean drink prices and the new alcohol policy 2013
- 14 Going on a Cruise? Do you still want to after you read this?
- 15 Grand Turk
- 16 Transportation from Rome airport to Port
- 17 cruise ship illness outbreaks (the Norovirus reports for 2012&2013)
- 18 Shore excursions on Paul Gaugin ship in Tahiti?
- 19 6 solid days at sea w/transatlantic trip
- 20 Carnival Triumph to be Fun Ship 2.0 refurbished
- 21 Which River Cruise company?? Amsterdam to Vienna 2014
- 22 Best River cruise company for Europe?
- 23 Anyone had problems with Affordable Tours?
- 24 Short cruise, small boat on Prince William Sound Alaska?
- 25 Feedback: What are your thoughts on cruising?