To those who have taken the Windstar (Windstar or Windspirit) Greek Isles and Turkey cruise :
We haven't cruised before and are apprehensive about a smaller ship because of the possible rockiness/sea sickness. We have been told that the itinerary stays close to land which is less rocky than open seas. We have also been told to go during the summer rather than April or May because the seas are calmer.
We like the idea of less crowds and a more causal atmosphere.
We are open to other cruise lines, Oceania, Azamara, Regent and Princess (suggestions?).
Actually, we wouldn't be looking at a cruise at all if it wasn't the best way to see Greece & Turkey.
Opinions and suggestions welcome.
Greece & Turkey-Rough Sailing?
- 1 A few questions about RCI Majesty of the Seas
- 2 Shore Excursions Falmouth, Jamaica and Grand Cayman
- 3 Carnival Triumph to be Fun Ship 2.0 refurbished
- 4 Going on a Cruise? Do you still want to after you read this?
- 5 Boston: Black Falcon Terminal to Hilton at Logan by taxi or ship transfer?
- 6 Rhine River Cruise - Amsterdam to Zurick
- 7 Alaska-Oceania vs Regent
- 8 Travel Report for Azamara Journey - Asia Cruise
- 9 Venice Port and Hotel help
- 10 Regent vs Oceania Australia/New Zealand 2014
- 11 first time cruise (Carribean): what money do we take?
- 12 Cayos Cochinos
- 13 California Coastal Cruise
- 14 (Almost) Day and a half in Rome
- 15 Shared excursions on Norwegian Spirit June 16, 2013 sailing
- 16 Cheap cruises - I think it is about having realistic expectations
- 17 Royal Caribbean drink prices and the new alcohol policy 2013
- 18 Grand Turk
- 19 Transportation from Rome airport to Port
- 20 cruise ship illness outbreaks (the Norovirus reports for 2012&2013)
- 21 Shore excursions on Paul Gaugin ship in Tahiti?
- 22 6 solid days at sea w/transatlantic trip
- 23 Which River Cruise company?? Amsterdam to Vienna 2014
- 24 Best River cruise company for Europe?
- 25 Anyone had problems with Affordable Tours?