We recently took a 7 days Greek Island cruise on the m/s H&B I motoring yacht out of Piraeus, Greece. 20 passengers onboard - could accommodate up to 40. Problems plagued the ship from the start. Foul odors from the bathrooms and showers that contaminated the sleeping area non-stop. Virtually no hot water (so how were the dishes sanitized?). We were given a rating sheet at the end of the cruise - nobody rated the ship above a "Poor" category. Several asked for refunds. Trips were booked through Viking Cruises in the USA and Nexus Cruises in Greece. Neither responded adequately to complaints other than offering a weak "canned" response that the passengers were the problem for putting things in the toilets that were not allowed. This is absolutely not true - the odor was present immediately upon boarding. Complaints were made to crew members, the Captain, and the tour manager who was onboard the entire trip. They all kept responding - "We are fixing the problem." It was never fixed. Additionally, if you visit the Viking Cruise web page, they list under "Impressions" supposed newspaper and magazine articles praising their trips. Most of these are actually advertisements placed by them to hype their cruises. We cannot see how this ship passed any type of Inspection by the Greek Ministry or Coast Guard. A partial refund would have placated most of the passengers. The islands were fabulous, the food traditionally Greek, the crew friendly, and the Captain available - too bad the ship did not meet expectations.
Greek Island Cruise ms H & B
- 1 What to pack for an Alaska Inside Passage Cruise in mid-June
- 2 A few questions about RCI Majesty of the Seas
- 3 Boston: Black Falcon Terminal to Hilton at Logan by taxi or ship transfer?
- 4 Rhine River Cruise - Amsterdam to Zurick
- 5 Alaska-Oceania vs Regent
- 6 Travel Report for Azamara Journey - Asia Cruise
- 7 Venice Port and Hotel help
- 8 Regent vs Oceania Australia/New Zealand 2014
- 9 first time cruise (Carribean): what money do we take?
- 10 Cayos Cochinos
- 11 California Coastal Cruise
- 12 (Almost) Day and a half in Rome
- 13 Shared excursions on Norwegian Spirit June 16, 2013 sailing
- 14 Cheap cruises - I think it is about having realistic expectations
- 15 Royal Caribbean drink prices and the new alcohol policy 2013
- 16 Going on a Cruise? Do you still want to after you read this?
- 17 Grand Turk
- 18 Transportation from Rome airport to Port
- 19 cruise ship illness outbreaks (the Norovirus reports for 2012&2013)
- 20 Shore excursions on Paul Gaugin ship in Tahiti?
- 21 6 solid days at sea w/transatlantic trip
- 22 Carnival Triumph to be Fun Ship 2.0 refurbished
- 23 Which River Cruise company?? Amsterdam to Vienna 2014
- 24 Best River cruise company for Europe?
- 25 Anyone had problems with Affordable Tours?