We just returned from the Crystal Mediterranean cruise. This was a cruise that the Ford dealers from Mexico had bought 550 of the slots (only 950 passengers on Symphony). We had considered cancelling - but since we had booked alot of stuff around it - we went, with alot of concern. But I cannot tell you how wonderful that cruise was! Crystal made sure that there was no negative impact to everyone else. The group booked all their own excursions - so there was absolutely no problem getting any excursion from Crystal - a very unusual situation so I'm told. Everything was outstanding - except maybe some of the entertainment. To be honest, though, there was so much to do - we didn't make going to the entertainment a very high priority, so it might have been better than we thought. The food was fabulous, the room was great (we had a balcony), the service was the most amazing thing I have experienced, the services at the spa/salon were outstanding, the casino was great, etc, etc. Also, the age group on this cruise was not all people above 60. There were people of all ages - even when you discount the Ford group. There were honeymooners, some children (not a huge group - but there were some), 30/40/50/60/70 year-olds - the whole gamut. Linda Ellerbe was the guest speaker - and she was amazing. I just can't say enough wonderful things about this ship. If you have any questions - please feel free to email me. It was an amazing experience.
Just back from Crystal Med cruise if there are any questions.
- 1 Boston: Black Falcon Terminal to Hilton at Logan by taxi or ship transfer?
- 2 quick lunch in Paris
- 3 What to pack for an Alaska Inside Passage Cruise in mid-June
- 4 A few questions about RCI Majesty of the Seas
- 5 Rhine River Cruise - Amsterdam to Zurick
- 6 Alaska-Oceania vs Regent
- 7 Travel Report for Azamara Journey - Asia Cruise
- 8 Venice Port and Hotel help
- 9 Regent vs Oceania Australia/New Zealand 2014
- 10 first time cruise (Carribean): what money do we take?
- 11 Cayos Cochinos
- 12 California Coastal Cruise
- 13 (Almost) Day and a half in Rome
- 14 Shared excursions on Norwegian Spirit June 16, 2013 sailing
- 15 Royal Caribbean drink prices and the new alcohol policy 2013
- 16 Going on a Cruise? Do you still want to after you read this?
- 17 Grand Turk
- 18 Transportation from Rome airport to Port
- 19 cruise ship illness outbreaks (the Norovirus reports for 2012&2013)
- 20 Shore excursions on Paul Gaugin ship in Tahiti?
- 21 6 solid days at sea w/transatlantic trip
- 22 Carnival Triumph to be Fun Ship 2.0 refurbished
- 23 Which River Cruise company?? Amsterdam to Vienna 2014
- 24 Best River cruise company for Europe?
- 25 Anyone had problems with Affordable Tours?