My name is Amy and I am researching ports in Las Palmas, Almeria, Mallorca and Seville/Cadiz in Spain and Cagliari and Civitavecchia in Italy. We will be there in November for approximately 8 hours each port. People have kindly offered suggestions here, on Cruise Critic and Virtual Tourist for Barcelona, Sorrento, Funchal and Lisbon. We will be overnight in each of those ports.
My co cruiser and I spent the majority of our first cruiseport experiences looking out the windows of busses or steered toward pre determined vendors. This time we would like to strike out on our own more. Mobility is an issue. My friend is in a wheelchair.
What have been your experiences? Was something especially memorable for you in any of these ports? Do you have any "can't miss" suggestions?
Thank you for sharing your experiences. We appreciate any input.
Amy and Juli
Looking for guidance Ports in Spain and Italy November 2012
- 1 Trip report: Sapphire Princess May 11-18 2013/Wine Country Coastal
- 2 quick lunch in Paris
- 3 A few questions about RCI Majesty of the Seas
- 4 first time cruise (Carribean): what money do we take?
- 5 (Almost) Day and a half in Rome
- 6 Boston to Bermuda on NCL's Dawn
- 7 What to pack for an Alaska Inside Passage Cruise in mid-June
- 8 Boston: Black Falcon Terminal to Hilton at Logan by taxi or ship transfer?
- 9 Rhine River Cruise - Amsterdam to Zurick
- 10 Alaska-Oceania vs Regent
- 11 Travel Report for Azamara Journey - Asia Cruise
- 12 Venice Port and Hotel help
- 13 Regent vs Oceania Australia/New Zealand 2014
- 14 Cayos Cochinos
- 15 California Coastal Cruise
- 16 Shared excursions on Norwegian Spirit June 16, 2013 sailing
- 17 Royal Caribbean drink prices and the new alcohol policy 2013
- 18 Going on a Cruise? Do you still want to after you read this?
- 19 Grand Turk
- 20 Transportation from Rome airport to Port
- 21 cruise ship illness outbreaks (the Norovirus reports for 2012&2013)
- 22 Shore excursions on Paul Gaugin ship in Tahiti?
- 23 6 solid days at sea w/transatlantic trip
- 24 Carnival Triumph to be Fun Ship 2.0 refurbished
- 25 Which River Cruise company?? Amsterdam to Vienna 2014