We are two females who usually travel to a Caribbean island every year. We are celebrating two events this year (my friend has received her bachelors degree in nursing, and I am celebrating my 60th birthday). We want to plan a 10 day trip including Venice, Florence, and Rome. We initially thought about taking the safe route and going with a tour; after further consideration, we want to travel independently. We would like to start in Venice and end in Rome. Any advice on places to stay, train travel between destinations (is it feasible for us since we have never traveled in Europe?), places to eat (we are not into high end restaurants, just local authentic food and wine experiences), tour advice... Is it worth it to hire a travel consultant to assist with planning and reservations? Any advice from seasoned travelers to Italy would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch!
10 day trip to Italy August-September, 2013
- 1 10 days in Barcelona - itinerary ideas?
- 2 EU Rule On Olive Oil Roils Europe!
- 3 Iwan2go went...to Prague, Salzburg, Vienna and Paris
- 4 How to make a phone call from a pay phone in London to Germany
- 5 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 6 10 days in Andalusia in Feb 2014 - best home base
- 7 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 8 Which tour company would be best?
- 9 Stay and Visit Italy/Amalfi and Grand Hotel Ischia Lido - Ischia
- 10 I am Planning about to spend holidays at Windermere
- 11 Northern Italy
- 12 May 24, 2013. How to avoid lines in Paris, and other observations
- 13 Spain and Portugal Itinerary 2 Week Vacation Help
- 14 Barcelona neighborhoods and hotels
- 15 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 16 Sights to see, places to stop in drive from Edinburgh to London
- 17 Hotel question...first time to Paris!
- 18 France by rail or car?
- 19 Best castle for 7 and 9 year old boys
- 20 Hotels in Sorrento
- 21 Hair cuts in Florence
- 22 private tour from cruise port in Naples
- 23 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 24 Looking for Paris apartment for honeymoon
- 25 Airport shuttle from CDG to Paris