I'm thinking of a 17 days holiday from 20th September to 6th October 2013. We are deciding between 2 destinations, England and Germany. For England I have another topic. According to what I found England is more expensive then Germany especially accomodation and especially London, although it is within my budget, but I don't want to end paying too much and don't feel happy, so I will have to compare it to Germany now. So, we are thinking of upper Germany, because in the South (Munich/Bavaria) the accomodations are too expensive due to Octoberfest. The plan is to fly in and out of Berlin. We will use only public transport to go around. What do you suggest as a base to explore the upper part? I was thinking - 5 nights Cologne, 5 nights Dresden and 6 night Berlin, then do day trips from there. What do you think, is it doable? We are mainly interested in nice museums, cities, culture, some castles/palaces, cute towns and some nice landscapes.
2 Weeks upper Germany
- 1 And for more pickpocket news - this time at Sistine Chapel
- 2 Flying from New York City to Cinque Terre, Italy
- 3 Hot Air Balloon crash in Cappadocia kills two, injures twenty-three
- 4 rand versus euro
- 5 1st, 6th or 7th in Paris
- 6 Rhine River Intinerary
- 7 What is the best travel/tour agency to use for escorted trips abroad?
- 8 3 Weeks w/ 6 year old in UK (The Trip)
- 9 Help me with Dali and Costa Brava itinerary from Barcelona
- 10 Schiphol to cruise port - luggage problem
- 11 Paris metro
- 12 Piazza della Liberta -Florence
- 13 Ireland Trip - Final Decision
- 14 Slovenia/Northern Croatia in mid-August - hotel and other advice?
- 15 Medieval castles dinner from Galway
- 16 Ireland's Murphy's Pub's
- 17 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 18 Help choosing lodging on Antrim coast area
- 19 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 20 Beauty Products in France?!
- 21 Soloing Russian Winter - The Travel Tips
- 22 Four Days in Seville
- 23 Any experiences with Airbnb?
- 24 Accommodation in Lauterbrunnen
- 25 Help with itenerary