Im in the initial stages of planning a 2.5 month holiday to Europe from Australia. This will be our (my wife and I) first trip to Europe so we are looking at getting a bit of a taste of what Europe has to offer.
We are looking to travel from the 21st of March through to the 6th of June. The current draft looks like this.
6 nights in Rome
3 nights in Florence
3 nights in the Tuscan countryside. (will hire a car to see the countryside)
2 nights in Venice
2 nights in Milan
2 nights in Nice
6 nights in southern France (split between Avignon and Aix en Provence, will hire a car for this region)
5 nights in Barcelona
2 nights in Bilbao
2 nights in San Sebastian
5 nights in Paris
4 nights in the Loire Valley (will hire a car for this portion)
2 nights in Reims
4 nights in Brussels
4 nights in Amsterdam
4 nights in Berlin
3 nights in Prague
2 nights in Nuremberg
1 night in Rothernburg (will hire a car for this portion)
1 night in Augsburg (will hire a car for this portion)
2 nights in Fussen (will hire a car for this portion)
3 nights in Munich
3 nights in Salzburg
3 nights in Vienna
2 nights in Dubai
We have tried to get a mixture of big cities and smaller towns/cities. Also have tried to break things up with the hiring of cars to slow down the pace and explore an area a little more in depth.
Will be travelling by train for majority of the trip with planes for the longer moves (to Barcelona, Bilbao, Paris, Berlin)
Any advice on the initial itinerary would be appreciated.
2.5 month trip to Europe
- 1 Slovenia/Northern Croatia in mid-August - hotel and other advice?
- 2 Wife's first trip to Europe. Set on Paris & Rome, Need 3rd destination?
- 3 Venice apartments
- 4 First night after arriving in Milan
- 5 Suggestions for France Italy
- 6 Motor Home North Italy Route Suggestions
- 7 East coast trains
- 8 Rail 1st class tickets in Germany 2nd class in Switzerland
- 9 Foggia Day Trip
- 10 ? re hotels in 5 terre
- 11 Barcelona - 7 Portes Restaurant
- 12 Vatican Guided Tours Questions
- 13 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
- 14 10 days in Poland 7/1-12/13
- 15 15 days in Central Europe
- 16 A few questions about the Amalfi Coast (in May)
- 17 Car hire across borders
- 18 Bank of England Museum
- 19 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 20 France bed and breakfasts and restaurants in Provence, Vaison La Romaine, Uzès, Paris
- 21 Croatia Question: Korcula or Lastovo?
- 22 Day trip from The Hague to Brussels or Bruges - possible?
- 23 Provence & Cote d'Azur in late September...and the planning begins!
- 24 Safety on a Night Train from Amsterdam to Den Haag?
- 25 See northern lights,end of 2013: Norway/Sweden/Finland