going with my father we had heart surgery. After staying 4 nights in Lauterbrunnen on July we will have 3 nights left as flying back from Zurich. We will have swiss pass.
About my father - He can hike on flat or very moderate down (6-10 km). I'm not sure what are the heights he can do I guess as 2,300 meters (as the air pressure inside an airplane).
He prefer places with live atmosphere at the evenings. I would like to do some easy hikes in mountains for few hours.
Also he prefer a place which is not too hot during day (since it is July).
I thouth of few options and not sure aht is the best:
1. Zermatt - can go for a few cable cars and stay in village or take day trips to villages around.
I'm afraid of the steep up and downs there as I've heard.
2. Lucerne - not touring the city but maybe cuises on the lake, Rigi mountain and maybe some hikes you can advice me.
3. Train Trip -
First Day - Take the golden pass from interlaken to Lucern, maybe take a cruise and continue to Chur at the evening (problem - we are with suitcases during the day).
Second Day - Leave our suitcase in our hotel for storage. Take the Bernina Express until the stop before Tirano. Stay the night there, maybe some flat hikes??
Third Day - Take the Bernina again or a regular train to Chur while stopping in the way (Alp Grum, St Morits etc). Take the Night in Chur.
Take the train to Zurich in the morning and the flight is during evening (20:00). Alternatively, we go to Lucern.
4. Around GSTAAD - flat hikes but might be too warm.
3 days left - what to choose?
- 1 France and Italy for wedding and honeymoon
- 2 Berlin Excursion from our ship...
- 3 Help needed with ratp site for Paris bus and metro
- 4 Tool for comparing train cost with and without Eurail
- 5 Anyone used Rive Gauche Rive Droit, or worked with William Royer?
- 6 London at Xmas
- 7 Do I Need A Visa for London?
- 8 Wife's first trip to Europe. Set on Paris & Rome, Need 3rd destination?
- 9 Bank of England Museum
- 10 Need restaurant suggestions for Chipping Camden!
- 11 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 12 separate beds in Frankfurt and Munich
- 13 Eiffel tower tickets- June8-15 will I need to queue?
- 14 Motor Home North Italy Route Suggestions
- 15 France bed and breakfasts and restaurants in Provence, Vaison La Romaine, Uzès, Paris
- 16 East coast trains
- 17 Florence Day Trip to Sienna: should we stop along the way? Where?
- 18 London Itinerary Advice 6-10 September
- 19 Which tour company would be best?
- 20 First night after arriving in Milan
- 21 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 22 Help with Itinerary for Marseille/Provence trip in September
- 23 France by rail or car?
- 24 Planning my days in Paris
- 25 Suggestions for Istanbul Stayover