Thanks in advance for any help and insight you may be able to provide. I am taking my first trip to Europe with my girlfriend (she has never been either) and needed some advice. The trip starts the thrid week in August of 2013. I am flying into Amsterdam to meet some friends for a bachelor party so that is where my trip starts. After 2 days with them, my girlfriend flys in to meet me. I expect we will spend an additional 2 days there for her and hopefully that will be enough since I should have my bearings in the city to help. We will have 21 days from when she touches down. From there, here is what we were thinking:
Amsterdam (2 days)
(train or we can fly to Berlin to save time if you think it helps since we would love to add Munich)
Berlin (3 days)
Prague (2 days)
Venice (3 days)
Paris (4 days, 1 day trip to Versailles)
Brussels/Brugges (2 days, 1 in each)
London (3 days)
Austin, TX (home)
I accounted for 2 full days of travel and am planning on taking overnight trains from Amsterdam to Berlin and from Prague to Venice (unless you think we can squeeze in Munich).
She originally really wanted to visit Rome and I wanted to see Barcelona and Madrid. With the time restraint and traveling in August (heat) we decided it would be best to save that for the next trip.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated or even a change somewhere if you have some must see places along the way that we would have time for.
Is this doable?
3 weeks in Europe. Is this too much?
- 1 Paris May 23, 2013. What should I wear in Paris?
- 2 Train from Barcelona to Figueras, and Figueras to Perpignan
- 3 Changing of the Guard
- 4 Rail 1st class tickets in Germany 2nd class in Switzerland
- 5 FCO to Fast Train and Best way to travel back from Naples to Rome
- 6 Venice - Verona - Padova - Vienna Trip Report
- 7 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 8 Four days to wander France???
- 9 Budepest or Brussels?
- 10 Normandy on our own?
- 11 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 12 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 13 Where to stay in Glasgow and Edinburgh Scotland
- 14 Looking for Paris apartment for honeymoon
- 15 Spain and Portugal Itinerary 2 Week Vacation Help
- 16 separate beds in Frankfurt and Munich
- 17 UK Trip, Final Chapter
- 18 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 19 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 20 Queen Leaves. Maitai Arrives. Coincidence. I Think Not. London Questions
- 21 Daytrips to the Alps from Munich
- 22 Cinque terre or Como/Bellagio for day trip from milan?
- 23 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
- 24 Train tickets - Venice to Florence to Rome
- 25 day trips from Stuttgart