I'm planning a trip to Europe this summer and I'm having a hard time to decide where should I go and for how long.
I'm a 19 year old guy from Montreal and it's already going to be my third time in Europe. I'll be travelling solo, by train and bus. I was in Scandinavia on my own last year and I got to know my style of travel. I really loved the city of Copenhagen, its architecture and general atmosphere. I also enjoy walking a lot and I wouldn't say no to a bit of hiking. I like museums, but not more than 2-3 per week. Finally, I like photography so I'm interested in visiting picturesque towns or places. I really need your advice to decide which cities I should visit and maybe add some destinations of your own. Here's what the plan looks like at the moment:
26 - 30 June : Amsterdam (with a day trip to Haarlem)
1 - 6 July: Berlin
7-8 July: Dresden
9 - 12 July: Prague
13 - 17 July: Munich (day trips to both Neuchswanstein & Garmish-P)
18th of July: Rothenburg ob der Tauber (morning train and staying overnight to avoid the crowd)
19 - 21 July: Frankfurt
22 - 24 July: Luxemburg
25 July: Brussels
26 - 28 July: Antwerp, meeting friends & Tomorrowland (music festival)
As you can see, I try to limit the transportation costs and to keep space to breath and relax at times.. Also, if you know about a good day trip and/or a place to enjoy great beer, please let me know! My biggest doubts are about the Rothenburg to Brussels leg: Is Luxemburg worth it? Should I visit Cologne & Heidelberg?
Any input is appreciated, thank you so much already!
4 weeks tour of Central European: Advice/Comments needed
- 1 Easyjet has changed the rules re size of carry-on baggage
- 2 Best area to visit in Switzerland during October first or second week
- 3 Best driving route from Barga to Malpensa?
- 4 Transport from Rome airport to Civitavecchia
- 5 Going to London next week but can't find hotel/hostel!!
- 6 Day trip to Capri
- 7 Florence to nice- help
- 8 Driving in Genoa
- 9 Barcelona neighborhoods and hotels
- 10 Loire Valley & Brittany - recommendations?
- 11 Easyjet luggage/ baggage
- 12 Itinerary suggestions please: Munich, Ortisei and ???
- 13 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 14 Looking for info on wine and countryside tour from Rome
- 15 Venice experts--the apartment in Castello or the one in Canareggio
- 16 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 17 Car Rental Locations
- 18 London Itinerary Advice 6-10 September
- 19 Croatia Restaurant Recommendations
- 20 just want to know
- 21 France Cities for a 14 Day Winter Trip?
- 22 Matlock Public Transport Challenge: Matlock to Red House Carriage Museum
- 23 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 24 UK in the Fall: Trip Suggestions
- 25 Ile de Re or Bassin d'Archachon at end of July