I'm planning a trip to Europe this summer and I'm having a hard time to decide where should I go and for how long.
I'm a 19 year old guy from Montreal and it's already going to be my third time in Europe. I'll be travelling solo, by train and bus. I was in Scandinavia on my own last year and I got to know my style of travel. I really loved the city of Copenhagen, its architecture and general atmosphere. I also enjoy walking a lot and I wouldn't say no to a bit of hiking. I like museums, but not more than 2-3 per week. Finally, I like photography so I'm interested in visiting picturesque towns or places. I really need your advice to decide which cities I should visit and maybe add some destinations of your own. Here's what the plan looks like at the moment:
26 - 30 June : Amsterdam (with a day trip to Haarlem)
1 - 6 July: Berlin
7-8 July: Dresden
9 - 12 July: Prague
13 - 17 July: Munich (day trips to both Neuchswanstein & Garmish-P)
18th of July: Rothenburg ob der Tauber (morning train and staying overnight to avoid the crowd)
19 - 21 July: Frankfurt
22 - 24 July: Luxemburg
25 July: Brussels
26 - 28 July: Antwerp, meeting friends & Tomorrowland (music festival)
As you can see, I try to limit the transportation costs and to keep space to breath and relax at times.. Also, if you know about a good day trip and/or a place to enjoy great beer, please let me know! My biggest doubts are about the Rothenburg to Brussels leg: Is Luxemburg worth it? Should I visit Cologne & Heidelberg?
Any input is appreciated, thank you so much already!
4 weeks tour of Central European: Advice/Comments needed
- 1 Sketches from Italy: Rome, Ischia and Frascati
- 2 Help needed with ratp site for Paris bus and metro
- 3 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 4 Barcelona to Positano
- 5 Rome, Florence, Sorrento in 1 week
- 6 best place to get euros for Ireland trip
- 7 First time to paris...4day stay..what to do?
- 8 Paris Perfect: change of apartment
- 9 Retirement Vacation
- 10 Guided Tour recommendation for Pere-Lachaise Cemetery needed
- 11 separate beds in Frankfurt and Munich
- 12 Itinerary suggestions please: Munich, Ortisei and ???
- 13 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
- 14 Tales from Venice, Bologna, Pienza and Rome
- 15 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 16 In Nice solo between June 17 - 22 anyone else going to be there?
- 17 Almalfi in Late March??
- 18 Edinburgh
- 19 Four Days in Seville
- 20 Tour-Free Travel
- 21 London Evening Activity
- 22 Where to Buy Marionettes in Prague?
- 23 Do I Need A Visa for London?
- 24 Planning my days in Paris
- 25 Oystercard/Travelcard planning