I'm planning a trip to Europe this summer and I'm having a hard time to decide where should I go and for how long.
I'm a 19 year old guy from Montreal and it's already going to be my third time in Europe. I'll be travelling solo, by train and bus. I was in Scandinavia on my own last year and I got to know my style of travel. I really loved the city of Copenhagen, its architecture and general atmosphere. I also enjoy walking a lot and I wouldn't say no to a bit of hiking. I like museums, but not more than 2-3 per week. Finally, I like photography so I'm interested in visiting picturesque towns or places. I really need your advice to decide which cities I should visit and maybe add some destinations of your own. Here's what the plan looks like at the moment:
26 - 30 June : Amsterdam (with a day trip to Haarlem)
1 - 6 July: Berlin
7-8 July: Dresden
9 - 12 July: Prague
13 - 17 July: Munich (day trips to both Neuchswanstein & Garmish-P)
18th of July: Rothenburg ob der Tauber (morning train and staying overnight to avoid the crowd)
19 - 21 July: Frankfurt
22 - 24 July: Luxemburg
25 July: Brussels
26 - 28 July: Antwerp, meeting friends & Tomorrowland (music festival)
As you can see, I try to limit the transportation costs and to keep space to breath and relax at times.. Also, if you know about a good day trip and/or a place to enjoy great beer, please let me know! My biggest doubts are about the Rothenburg to Brussels leg: Is Luxemburg worth it? Should I visit Cologne & Heidelberg?
Any input is appreciated, thank you so much already!
4 weeks tour of Central European: Advice/Comments needed
- 1 HELP stuck in Italy
- 2 Places to stay for a tour of Normandy
- 3 Solo in Sicily - April 2013
- 4 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 5 France: CDG to Beaune
- 6 Oceania Cruises - Anyone ever gone on one of these?
- 7 2 Week Italy Honeymoon Itinerary Review
- 8 Train from Naples to Sorrento
- 9 PARIS: apartment for a family of 4. Could use your help.
- 10 Holiday rental home in Wengen
- 11 Ireland from Shannon to Cork
- 12 Selva Gardena to Lake Como - Where to stay in between?
- 13 Venice Hotel near Cruise Terminal
- 14 Easiest way to get to Cinque Terre
- 15 Accommodation in Lauterbrunnen
- 16 Has anyone rented an apartment in Venice for 2-4 weeks?
- 17 Nice
- 18 When is the best time to buy train tickets/where?
- 19 Train from London to Edinburgh
- 20 trip
- 21 Shopping in France for the larger than average...
- 22 If you had 7 days for Romantic Road..What would you do
- 23 Two days in Amsterdam; bike tour
- 24 semi escorted tours
- 25 Transportation from Venice Island to Treviso Airport?