My husband and I will arrive in Rome April 29 after a transatlantic cruise, hopefully with minimal jet-lag.. We have arranged to stay in Rome the first 3 nights as well as the last night before we fly home. With so many wonderful places to see we are having trouble deciding between going down to Sorrento, Positano & Capri or going north and east to Tuscany & Venice for the days in between. Whichever we decide on we want to stay in one spot and take day trips only. We are both in our 60's and my husband's back problems may require we do more vehicle touring than walking. We never know for sure. We know we can only scratch the service but would really enjoy at least a little small town local feel as well as the must see attractions. Another concern I have is getting from one area to another. My husband thinks we can take trains everywhere. But I'm concerned about trying to navigate public transportation with luggage especially if there are many changes. From what I read private drivers are quite expensive but seem like they might be worth it. We'd appreciate any advice or suggestions including any for B&B's or family type hotels.Thank you.
9 days in Italy-need help with itinery after Rome
- 1 Suggestions for France Italy
- 2 Motor Home North Italy Route Suggestions
- 3 East coast trains
- 4 Rail 1st class tickets in Germany 2nd class in Switzerland
- 5 Foggia Day Trip
- 6 ? re hotels in 5 terre
- 7 Wife's first trip to Europe. Set on Paris & Rome, Need 3rd destination?
- 8 Barcelona - 7 Portes Restaurant
- 9 Vatican Guided Tours Questions
- 10 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
- 11 10 days in Poland 7/1-12/13
- 12 15 days in Central Europe
- 13 A few questions about the Amalfi Coast (in May)
- 14 Car hire across borders
- 15 Bank of England Museum
- 16 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 17 France bed and breakfasts and restaurants in Provence, Vaison La Romaine, Uzès, Paris
- 18 Croatia Question: Korcula or Lastovo?
- 19 Day trip from The Hague to Brussels or Bruges - possible?
- 20 Provence & Cote d'Azur in late September...and the planning begins!
- 21 Safety on a Night Train from Amsterdam to Den Haag?
- 22 See northern lights,end of 2013: Norway/Sweden/Finland
- 23 Which tour company would be best?
- 24 Moonliner bus question - can someone help please?
- 25 Berlin Excursion from our ship...