Flying to Europe on April 20, flying back to NJ on April 28, but we haven't bought plane tickets yet. I have only been to Europe twice, UK and French Riviera, and my sister has been to Paris multiple times. We have to use Amsterdam as base April 23-28 (hotel paid for), so we can do some sightseeing in Amsterdam and some day trips for at least 4.5 days. Should we stay in Amsterdam the entire time (April 20-28)? Or, I am thinking maybe fly into another city on April 20 and then onto Amsterdam on April 23? Copenhagen maybe? Or somewhere in Germany? We are interested in local history, performing arts, farmers markets; I also like being near the water (river, ocean); neither of us is interested in visual arts (so no art museums on our list). TIA for your suggestions.
Amsterdam and ? Trip Planning
- 1 Rome Hotels near Termini
- 2 Credit card CHIP in Europe
- 3 Edinburgh
- 4 Rome to Amalfie Coast-10 year anniversary
- 5 1st, 6th or 7th in Paris
- 6 Connection in Newark EWR
- 7 Refining London and Scotland
- 8 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 9 Venice Hotel near Cruise Terminal
- 10 Apartment location
- 11 portugal
- 12 Solo in Sicily - April 2013
- 13 Don’t Let Nursing Homes Keep Elderly Married Couples Apart
- 14 Paris trip report
- 15 France Cities for a 14 Day Winter Trip?
- 16 Am I in an unsafe Parisian neighborhood?
- 17 Travel from Logrono to Paris, Barcelona or San Sebastian.
- 18 Barcelona + Venice Honeymoon in June
- 19 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 20 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 21 Help with Itinerary for Marseille/Provence trip in September
- 22 Arriving at Rome FCO and departing from ZRH-luggage transfer advice
- 23 Schiphol to cruise port - luggage problem
- 24 Ibiza to Valencia- travel tip request
- 25 Help with itenerary