Flying to Europe on April 20, flying back to NJ on April 28, but we haven't bought plane tickets yet. I have only been to Europe twice, UK and French Riviera, and my sister has been to Paris multiple times. We have to use Amsterdam as base April 23-28 (hotel paid for), so we can do some sightseeing in Amsterdam and some day trips for at least 4.5 days. Should we stay in Amsterdam the entire time (April 20-28)? Or, I am thinking maybe fly into another city on April 20 and then onto Amsterdam on April 23? Copenhagen maybe? Or somewhere in Germany? We are interested in local history, performing arts, farmers markets; I also like being near the water (river, ocean); neither of us is interested in visual arts (so no art museums on our list). TIA for your suggestions.
Amsterdam and ? Trip Planning
- 1 Lake Thun/ Lake Brienz in October
- 2 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 3 8 days in Sardinia - first time, need help
- 4 Schiphol to cruise port - luggage problem
- 5 If an AirBerlin flight arrives in Rome at 11:30 ...
- 6 La Samaritaine (Paris): what's happening?
- 7 10 day honeymoon in Italy in Nov
- 8 Which tour company would be best?
- 9 Britain Ireland and Scotland Tours
- 10 Train from Civitavecchia port to Rome
- 11 Alsace question. Itterswiller or Riquewihr, where to stay?
- 12 10 day switzerland itinerary by train
- 13 Berne or Montreux, I can't decide
- 14 Garmisch-Partenkirchen accomodations
- 15 portugal
- 16 Ideas on best villages in Tyrol
- 17 Ireland Trip - Final Decision
- 18 Vacation rental in Provence
- 19 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 20 London on a sunny day
- 21 rand versus euro
- 22 Norway, Sweden, but have to make it to Marseille
- 23 Renting an apartment in Edinburgh
- 24 Savona - San Remo - where to spend the night?
- 25 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days