I'm looking for accommodation for 1 to 2 nights to explore the golden mie (Vega Silica, Pingus, Retuerta) and smaller wineries such as Lopez Cristobal, Hermamos Sastre. Have looked up google maps, seems like I should stay in Penafiel or Roa?
Are there any other wineries which I should consider? Am looking for a good mix of iconic wineries and smaller family run ones. Most important consideration would be English speaking friendly owner/staff who will take time to explain their wine to us.
Am looking for accommodation that is less than 100euros per night, am open to both modern/simple types or family/farm types (prefer home-run to chain hotels), as long as its clean and conveniently located.
As I love my reds and vineyards visit, am toying with the possibility of exploring La Rioja too. If I only have time for one, which would be recommended?
Base to explore Ribera del Duero (and La Rioja?)
- 1 Sicily- two week summer vacation
- 2 4 days in Zurich for the adventurous- what to do?
- 3 Four days to wander France???
- 4 Prague Itinerary
- 5 Spain and Portugal Itinerary 2 Week Vacation Help
- 6 Garmisch-Partenkirchen to Fuessen - Last Bus
- 7 My First Trip to Provence and Paris...Loved!!!
- 8 Scotland Itinerary getting better, still needs your expertise!
- 9 Barcelona - eat, drink, dance.
- 10 How to make a phone call from a pay phone in London to Germany
- 11 culinary classes in Biarritz/San Sebastian
- 12 Weather's crummy in northern Italy now--suggestions for places
- 13 browsing homes for sale in Kent
- 14 Help me choose places to visit in Italy
- 15 Just Returned from a Gate 1 Danube River Cruise
- 16 How Long For Santorini?
- 17 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 18 Car rental Italy
- 19 Crete to Sifnos by Ferry?
- 20 Rough itinerary for 14 days in the UK
- 21 A Christmas Store in Paris
- 22 EU Rule On Olive Oil Roils Europe!
- 23 International Trains to Switzerland using Swiss Pass
- 24 London at Xmas
- 25 how much time in York, Edinburgh, etc?