I am a first time traveler from Sydney, Australia and was wanting some help/advice. I am traveling to Europe in April with two other people. We (a 25, 32 and 34 year old) are traveling to Spain, France and Italy via rail and bus. I have been researching and I am a little confused about which rail pass to purchase. I wanted to try and do it myself online on www.renfe.com and www.trenitalia.com to try save. Our rail pass will be required for the following:
- Cordoba to Madrid AVE train on Saturday 20.4.13 (after 5pm)
- Madrid to Barcelona AVE train on Wednesday 24.4.13 (after 3pm)
- Barcelona to Paris on Saturday 27.4.13 catching the Elipsos night train (after 7pm)
- Paris to Venice on Friday 3.5.13 on the Thello night train (departing Paris from 7pm-7:45pm)
- Venice to Florence on Tuesday 7.5.13 (after 2 pm)
- Florence to Rome on Saturday 11.5.13 (after 12 midday)
If anyone can offer any advice on what rail pass to buy, it will be greatly appreciated. Should we buy a second or a first class ticket? Should we buy a pass or buy each ticket separately? I know that even after we buy a pass, we have to reserve a ticket and pay extra, hence the confusion.
Thank you for your patience and time
Best Rail Pass
- 1 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 2 Piazza della Liberta -Florence
- 3 France Cities for a 14 Day Winter Trip?
- 4 Venice Hotel near Cruise Terminal
- 5 Berne or Montreux, I can't decide
- 6 Should We Do Segovia With only 2 1/2 Days in Madrid?
- 7 Venice at Christmas?
- 8 Am I in an unsafe Parisian neighborhood?
- 9 What is the best travel/tour agency to use for escorted trips abroad?
- 10 Cuenca or Toledo
- 11 Hot Air Balloon crash in Cappadocia kills two, injures twenty-three
- 12 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 13 1st, 6th or 7th in Paris
- 14 How to get from Nice to Cinque Terre by train
- 15 Bruges B&Bs
- 16 Best area to visit in Switzerland during October first or second week
- 17 What is the best food in France?
- 18 San Remo Italy to Paris
- 19 Trenitalia
- 20 Cell Phone for Italy travel
- 21 Train tickets
- 22 3 Weeks w/ 6 year old in UK (The Trip)
- 23 2 weeks in Copenhagen-Helsinki-Stockholm
- 24 Connection in Newark EWR
- 25 Lake Thun/ Lake Brienz in October