This seems like it should be simple but my daughter keeps asking questions that I'm not sure I know the answers to. She leaves London on Monday and has about 1,000 pounds in an HSBC account. She wants to close the account. I suggested she send me the money on Paypal in dollars and I'd send it back to her in a few days. She says that Paypal will delay the transfer. Can she ask the bank to give her a check? If she arrives in the US with a British check denoted in pounds, will they just let her deposit it to her US account? She'd rather not carry the cash back. She also said that when she returned from Rome, US Customs asked her about how much money she was carrying (Euros, I guess.) I was never asked this so I'm not sure why she was. Any suggestions?
Best way to close a British bank account and bring cash back to US
- 1 London at Xmas
- 2 Going to London next week but can't find hotel/hostel!!
- 3 Florence, Capri and Amalfi
- 4 Ile de Re or Bassin d'Archachon at end of July
- 5 Sketches from Italy: Rome, Ischia and Frascati
- 6 Levanto, Italy B&B
- 7 Almalfi in Late March??
- 8 UK in the Fall: Trip Suggestions
- 9 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 10 Ireland/UK trip ideas for Late July
- 11 Berlin to Dresden to Prague in eight days
- 12 Barcelona - 7 Portes Restaurant
- 13 Rail question 1st class and 2nd class
- 14 Tales from Venice, Bologna, Pienza and Rome
- 15 Trip to London
- 16 Barcelona neighborhoods and hotels
- 17 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 18 Sardinia and Berlin Itinerary
- 19 France and Italy for wedding and honeymoon
- 20 Barcelona + Venice Honeymoon in June
- 21 France Cities for a 14 Day Winter Trip?
- 22 Backpacking through Europe
- 23 Eiffel tower tickets- June8-15 will I need to queue?
- 24 2 days in Frankfurt - where to stay -what to do - or straight to Paris
- 25 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy