For knowing ‘urban’ Poland so well, I have never visited its 2 biggest cities, Warsaw and Lódz respectively. As the capital of an increasingly impressive European state, I hear that Warsaw is being cleaned up and is becoming more upbeat every year. Nevertheless, considering its history with WWII bombardment, my question is: “Has enough of Warsaw been restored or at least authentically recreated to give the city an overall beautiful appearance?” I ask because I have seen gorgeous places in Poland like Krakow, Lublin, Torun, Gdansk and Poznan (I’ve been to Wroclaw too). I do not know whether Warsaw will keep me smiling or whether it is not really on par with the great tourist destinations I did visit already.
Otherwise, I have a very similar question for Lódz. I know very little about this city, other than this ‘Manchester of Poland’ is known for its industrial architecture. Again, compared to the likes of Krakow, Lublin, Torun, Gdansk and Poznan, do you personally think Lódz is anything worth going out of your way to see or ‘only if you are in the area’? Thanks for your opinions, which I welcome plenty of!
Comparing Lódz&Warsaw to Tourist Favorites like Krakow, Gdansk, Poznan..
- 1 A chacun son goût
- 2 Student Traveling 2 weeks in France, Italy etc
- 3 Time from Venice airport to St Marks Square
- 4 12 days, 3 couples, one week in London Sept 2013
- 5 Munich Hotels near train station downtown
- 6 3 LADIES - NAXOS OR PAROS AS BASE FOR 7 DAYS
- 7 Extra leg room on British Airways
- 8 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 9 London on a sunny day
- 10 Am I in an unsafe Parisian neighborhood?
- 11 Train from Amsterdam to Bruges
- 12 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 13 PARIS: apartment for a family of 4. Could use your help.
- 14 London hotels
- 15 What size luggage?
- 16 Advice Sought for Train Schedule in Spain
- 17 Travel to Italy with kids...where to stay
- 18 Help with Sept. itinerary going north from Dublin
- 19 Nice
- 20 Bernina Express questions
- 21 Carpe Diem Flights Booked! Need help w final itinerary France/Switzerland
- 22 Ireland from Shannon to Cork
- 23 Italy-Locarno or Stresa
- 24 Paris to Basel on EuRail pass
- 25 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy