For knowing ‘urban’ Poland so well, I have never visited its 2 biggest cities, Warsaw and Lódz respectively. As the capital of an increasingly impressive European state, I hear that Warsaw is being cleaned up and is becoming more upbeat every year. Nevertheless, considering its history with WWII bombardment, my question is: “Has enough of Warsaw been restored or at least authentically recreated to give the city an overall beautiful appearance?” I ask because I have seen gorgeous places in Poland like Krakow, Lublin, Torun, Gdansk and Poznan (I’ve been to Wroclaw too). I do not know whether Warsaw will keep me smiling or whether it is not really on par with the great tourist destinations I did visit already.
Otherwise, I have a very similar question for Lódz. I know very little about this city, other than this ‘Manchester of Poland’ is known for its industrial architecture. Again, compared to the likes of Krakow, Lublin, Torun, Gdansk and Poznan, do you personally think Lódz is anything worth going out of your way to see or ‘only if you are in the area’? Thanks for your opinions, which I welcome plenty of!
Comparing Lódz&Warsaw to Tourist Favorites like Krakow, Gdansk, Poznan..
- 1 How Long For Santorini?
- 2 10 days in Andalusia in Feb 2014 - best home base
- 3 Iwan2go went...to Prague, Salzburg, Vienna and Paris
- 4 Driving Napflio/Mystras and Mystras/Olympia AND Private Guides
- 5 Help me choose places to visit in Italy
- 6 Airport shuttle from CDG to Paris
- 7 Bavaria and Alpine Itinerary
- 8 Apartment Rental Website for Scotland?
- 9 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 10 Need a focus/theme for trip
- 11 Help with Provence and French Riviera
- 12 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 13 Traveling with a guide in Turkey
- 14 Any experience with Chateau des Monthairons (Dieue-sur-Meuse near Verdun)?
- 15 Must-do Day Trips from London
- 16 Hotels in Sorrento
- 17 Spain and Portugal Itinerary 2 Week Vacation Help
- 18 private tour from cruise port in Naples
- 19 Help! Creating a Budget for my DS Graduation Trip to Europe
- 20 Germany with 6 month old.
- 21 Venice - Verona - Padova - Vienna Trip Report
- 22 Which tour company would be best?
- 23 Just Returned from a Gate 1 Danube River Cruise
- 24 Southeast England - more planning ?
- 25 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy