we have 9 nights for our 10 year anniversary , our first trip without our children so want it to me romantic but like moving around as well,
flying into zagreb. right now our itiniery looks like this;
1-zagreb lunch and drive to trakoscan castle, than to sobe korana in plitvice for the night.
2-plitvice and than overnight in either mostar or trogir? opinions?
3- drive to dubrovnik over night there
4- sailing/kayaking trip around elafiti islands, sipan, peljisac peninsula, ston, mljet wiht huck finn sailing
7- sail ends and drive or ferry to motor, staying in either kotor or perast? opinions?
8-either stay in kotor, cavtat or dubrovnik
9- dubrovnik day and night
10- fly out to amalfi for 4 nights in 1 hotel prob in positano?
Besides the question marks in my itinerary, I really wanted to see Rovinj (but that would have to be in place of plitvice which i hear is a must see??)
and would like to do some interior , like rafting/kayaking on the tara river (or is there a river in croatia that is just as beautiful , scenery wise and alot closer?) We dont care about size of rapids but amazing natural scenery.
Is tara canyon worth it for a 6 hours drive to do the day trip one day rafting there? and would you do the upper art of the canyon or the lower part because you can only do one in a day, which is more scenic? The only way we could fit this in would be to eliminate trogir or mostar and drive directly to dubrovnik after plitvice, have 2 nights there. and than at the end have 2 nights in kotor with one full day on the 13 hour day trip. this would make it very busy.
any advice would be greatly appreciated.
thank you kindly
croatia/montengro trip in july - whats worth it to see! tara river raft?
- 1 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 2 If you could go anywhere in Italy......
- 3 Ireland's Murphy's Pub's
- 4 My First Trip to Provence and Paris...Loved!!!
- 5 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 6 best place to get euros for Ireland trip
- 7 Villa or Hilltop Town?
- 8 Hot Air Balloon crash in Cappadocia kills two, injures twenty-three
- 9 any recommended guides for Krakow area?
- 10 Bruges B&Bs
- 11 Easyjet luggage/ baggage
- 12 Rhine River Intinerary
- 13 Piazza della Liberta -Florence
- 14 Tales from Venice, Bologna, Pienza and Rome
- 15 florence hotel
- 16 France and Italy for wedding and honeymoon
- 17 Getting a Water Taxi during Festa Del Redentore
- 18 Sardinia, Italy
- 19 Iceland Road trip in May
- 20 Eiffel tower tickets- June8-15 will I need to queue?
- 21 Santorini-Nafplio-Delphi-Athens Help
- 22 large supermarket in Munich - where?
- 23 Don't slight Bruges
- 24 Beauty Products in France?!
- 25 Netherland -> Belgium -> West Germany for 18 days