we have 9 nights for our 10 year anniversary , our first trip without our children so want it to me romantic but like moving around as well,
flying into zagreb. right now our itiniery looks like this;
1-zagreb lunch and drive to trakoscan castle, than to sobe korana in plitvice for the night.
2-plitvice and than overnight in either mostar or trogir? opinions?
3- drive to dubrovnik over night there
4- sailing/kayaking trip around elafiti islands, sipan, peljisac peninsula, ston, mljet wiht huck finn sailing
7- sail ends and drive or ferry to motor, staying in either kotor or perast? opinions?
8-either stay in kotor, cavtat or dubrovnik
9- dubrovnik day and night
10- fly out to amalfi for 4 nights in 1 hotel prob in positano?
Besides the question marks in my itinerary, I really wanted to see Rovinj (but that would have to be in place of plitvice which i hear is a must see??)
and would like to do some interior , like rafting/kayaking on the tara river (or is there a river in croatia that is just as beautiful , scenery wise and alot closer?) We dont care about size of rapids but amazing natural scenery.
Is tara canyon worth it for a 6 hours drive to do the day trip one day rafting there? and would you do the upper art of the canyon or the lower part because you can only do one in a day, which is more scenic? The only way we could fit this in would be to eliminate trogir or mostar and drive directly to dubrovnik after plitvice, have 2 nights there. and than at the end have 2 nights in kotor with one full day on the 13 hour day trip. this would make it very busy.
any advice would be greatly appreciated.
thank you kindly
croatia/montengro trip in july - whats worth it to see! tara river raft?
- 1 Venice - Verona - Padova - Vienna Trip Report
- 2 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 3 2 days in Venice- where to stay –What to do- Help please!
- 4 International Trains to Switzerland using Swiss Pass
- 5 Germany and Italy
- 6 Which tour company would be best?
- 7 Hotel question...first time to Paris!
- 8 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 9 Moonliner bus question - can someone help please?
- 10 Hot Air Balloon crash in Cappadocia kills two, injures twenty-three
- 11 Barcelona - eat, drink, dance.
- 12 Changing of the Guard
- 13 Apartment Rental Website for Scotland?
- 14 Gatwick Express 5 for 3 -- available at Victoria station or only online?
- 15 Best way to get from Malaga to Gibraltar to Ceuta, Morocco?
- 16 "Our Small Adventure" an Ongoing Paris Trip Report
- 17 Traveling to the Netherlands with my 10 year old daughter
- 18 Berchtesgaden & Salzburg
- 19 Car rental
- 20 Essen and Nordrhein-Westfalen
- 21 UK Trip, Final Chapter
- 22 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 23 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 24 Club Quarters near Trafalgar Square
- 25 Please, assure me that Turkey is safe...