Our family of 4 will be visiting these 2 countries for one month in July and I have no reservations yet...anywhere. Our boys are 7 & 9 and we would like to have an itinery that allows for some typical sightseeing but breaks it up with some days of fun, run and play time. Based on what I have read in these forums, I am thinking fly into Prague for 5 nights, train down to Cesky Krumlov for 1-2 nights, get to Salzburg (somehow) for 5 nights. Rent a car in Salzburg and visit surrounding villages. End of trip take train to Vienna for 5 nights and fly home. Obviously, we have about 12 more days to fill, but where? Should we spend more nights in each place? Branch out more? We prefer to be centrally located when staying in the the bigger cities. My boys are great but when they get tired, they are WAY too big for me to carry! Looking for favorite places to stay, "must do" excursions, and relaxation. We prefer local spots to fancy tourist places. Ideas? Suggestions? Cautions? Thanks!
Czech Republic & Austria for 1 month in July w/2 CRAZY boys!
- 1 Ordering wine in Paris
- 2 Paris May 23, 2013. What should I wear in Paris?
- 3 Train from Barcelona to Figueras, and Figueras to Perpignan
- 4 Changing of the Guard
- 5 Rail 1st class tickets in Germany 2nd class in Switzerland
- 6 FCO to Fast Train and Best way to travel back from Naples to Rome
- 7 Venice - Verona - Padova - Vienna Trip Report
- 8 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 9 Four days to wander France???
- 10 Budepest or Brussels?
- 11 Normandy on our own?
- 12 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 13 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 14 Where to stay in Glasgow and Edinburgh Scotland
- 15 Looking for Paris apartment for honeymoon
- 16 Spain and Portugal Itinerary 2 Week Vacation Help
- 17 separate beds in Frankfurt and Munich
- 18 UK Trip, Final Chapter
- 19 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 20 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 21 Queen Leaves. Maitai Arrives. Coincidence. I Think Not. London Questions
- 22 Daytrips to the Alps from Munich
- 23 Cinque terre or Como/Bellagio for day trip from milan?
- 24 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
- 25 Train tickets - Venice to Florence to Rome