I've been researching hotel and apartment rental options for a family trip to Rome and possibly London over the holidays in December. I was hoping to see a significant price difference between a 2 bedroom apartment and 2 hotel rooms but am finding that they are within $100 of each other - even in the same neighborhoods and with the same kind of amenities - 3* hotel as the baseline. I know that we can cook in the apartment but that wont' happen every night (its my vacation too!) and breakfast is included with hotel rates. We've always stayed in hotels before so this was a new idea. Am I missing something?? And, while I knew London would be crazy expensive, I was still quite amazed!!
Deciding between an apartment and hotel room(s) - price seems about the same, what am I missing??
- 1 Olive Oil Tasting in Tuscany
- 2 How to make a phone call from a pay phone in London to Germany
- 3 Travel from Logrono to Paris, Barcelona or San Sebastian.
- 4 browsing homes for sale in Kent
- 5 May 25, 2013: Being tourists and finding festivals
- 6 Our trip to Rome & the Amalfi Coast (with all transportation logistics included!)
- 7 The Old ATM Question Ally Bank Debit Cards in Europe today
- 8 Paris Museum Pass--Where best for us to purchase?
- 9 First time student to Europe- Need help with ticket purchase and itinerary
- 10 Traveling with a guide in Turkey
- 11 2 days to get from Paris to Rome
- 12 Drive or Train ?? - Lausanne-Interlaken-Zurich
- 13 4 days in Zurich for the adventurous- what to do?
- 14 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 15 Need help in deciding!! Trip in end of July
- 16 IRELAND ELECTRONIC HELP
- 17 Turkey - through the back doors of Truckstops and Business Hotels...
- 18 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 19 Tolls on Grossglockner Alpine Road
- 20 Air show in Paris, what to expect
- 21 Stop over in France
- 22 Paris - Apartment on Rue Volta, 3rd arr?
- 23 Vatican Guided Tours Questions
- 24 Beaune Hotel or B&B Recommendation Please
- 25 Family Trip in July - General Guidance Would be Appreciated