I've been researching hotel and apartment rental options for a family trip to Rome and possibly London over the holidays in December. I was hoping to see a significant price difference between a 2 bedroom apartment and 2 hotel rooms but am finding that they are within $100 of each other - even in the same neighborhoods and with the same kind of amenities - 3* hotel as the baseline. I know that we can cook in the apartment but that wont' happen every night (its my vacation too!) and breakfast is included with hotel rates. We've always stayed in hotels before so this was a new idea. Am I missing something?? And, while I knew London would be crazy expensive, I was still quite amazed!!
Deciding between an apartment and hotel room(s) - price seems about the same, what am I missing??
- 1 Which tour company would be best?
- 2 First night after arriving in Milan
- 3 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 4 Help with Itinerary for Marseille/Provence trip in September
- 5 London Itinerary Advice 6-10 September
- 6 Motor Home North Italy Route Suggestions
- 7 Florence Day Trip to Sienna: should we stop along the way? Where?
- 8 Eiffel tower tickets- June8-15 will I need to queue?
- 9 France by rail or car?
- 10 Planning my days in Paris
- 11 Suggestions for Istanbul Stayover
- 12 Cinque Terre or Lake Como August - 3 nights
- 13 Otherchelebi and others in Istanbul
- 14 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
- 15 Rome weather forecast right now-is anyone there?
- 16 Rome, Florence, Sorrento in 1 week
- 17 ? re hotels in 5 terre
- 18 Sketches from Italy: Rome, Ischia and Frascati
- 19 London at Xmas
- 20 best place to get euros for Ireland trip
- 21 Solo in Sicily - April 2013
- 22 Itinerary suggestions please: Munich, Ortisei and ???
- 23 Alsace question. Itterswiller or Riquewihr, where to stay?
- 24 2 days in Venice- where to stay –What to do- Help please!
- 25 French Riviera and Italy 3 weeks - need itinerary help and suggestions