I'm going to be renting a car at LHR in a few weeks, and renting a cottage in the Cotswolds, doing day trips from there.
I've never driven anywhere except the U.S. and Canada, and just wondering, how easy is it to navigate the roads with no GPS (paper maps and Google map printouts only)?
To give you an idea, we'll be driving from London to Canterbury, then to Stratford-upon-Avon, then doing day trips to Oxford, Bath, and others from our cottage in Devizes (Wiltshire, I think). Any thoughts or advice are really appreciated! Particularly from other Americans who've done the same thing.
Driving in the UK with no GPS
- 1 large supermarket in Munich - where?
- 2 Berlin's New Barbie Dreamhouse Opens to Feminists' Protests
- 3 Last monte Paris apartment
- 4 Accommodation in Lauterbrunnen
- 5 Venice Hotel near Cruise Terminal
- 6 HELP stuck in Italy
- 7 10 days in Cortona- any suggestions ?
- 8 Solo in Sicily - April 2013
- 9 ? re hotels in 5 terre
- 10 Places to stay for a tour of Normandy
- 11 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 12 Transportation from Venice Island to Treviso Airport?
- 13 Nice
- 14 charming small French city for weeklong stay?
- 15 Beatiful place near Aix-en-Provence or not too far from St Paul de Vence
- 16 I Need To Vent!
- 17 Should We Do Segovia With only 2 1/2 Days in Madrid?
- 18 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 19 Train from Amsterdam to Bruges
- 20 Train tickets
- 21 San Lorenzo Market
- 22 Oceania Cruises - Anyone ever gone on one of these?
- 23 Trip in June to andulusia and algrave portugal
- 24 3 LADIES - NAXOS OR PAROS AS BASE FOR 7 DAYS
- 25 When is the best time to buy train tickets/where?