We are scheduled to arrive at the Zurich airport from Nice on a Thursday during the second week of May at 5PM. According to the charts, sunset on the day of arrival is 8:48. We would like to drive straight to either Lauterbrunnen or Grindelwald. Googlemaps has the driving time at just under 2 hours and I am used to driiving on mountain roads. I know it coulld be close, but considering traffic at that time of day and the time needed to collect luggage, clear customs and pick up rental car, is it realistic to plan to reach our destination before nightfall?
Driving time in Switzerland
- 1 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 2 Rail question 1st class and 2nd class
- 3 Almalfi in Late March??
- 4 Barcelona - 7 Portes Restaurant
- 5 Sketches from Italy: Rome, Ischia and Frascati
- 6 Trip to London
- 7 Florence, Capri and Amalfi
- 8 Barcelona neighborhoods and hotels
- 9 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 10 Sardinia and Berlin Itinerary
- 11 France and Italy for wedding and honeymoon
- 12 Barcelona + Venice Honeymoon in June
- 13 Berlin to Dresden to Prague in eight days
- 14 France Cities for a 14 Day Winter Trip?
- 15 Backpacking through Europe
- 16 Eiffel tower tickets- June8-15 will I need to queue?
- 17 2 days in Frankfurt - where to stay -what to do - or straight to Paris
- 18 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 19 Buying tickets for London shows from online sites
- 20 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 21 Riquewihr, France, recommended accommodation
- 22 UK Trip Report So Far....
- 23 Levanto, Italy B&B
- 24 Monaco to Paris
- 25 EuropeanDestinations