I'm a first time 33 year old solo male looking to backpack for a month in July and August. I'm looking to see and experience the cities as well as the countryside, the nightlife (not into the club scene), the food, and of course the beaches. Finding reasonably priced flights that coordinate with a sensible travel itinerary has been a struggle, but this is what I've come up with:
Kakrow- 3 Days
High Tatras- 2 Days
Budapest- 3 Days
Belgrade- 3 Days
Sarajevo- 2 Days
Mostar- 1 Day
Kotor- 3 Days
Dubrovnik- 3 Days
Split- 3 Days
Ilovik- 2 Days (A friend will be on this Croatian island between Pula and Zadaro in his family's home, and it seems like a nice chill FREE place to hang for a few days)
Slovenia- 3 Days
Venice- 2 Days
This is 30 days. I plan on flying to Kakrow 7/9 and out of Venice to NY on 8/9.
1. Is this schedule too tight? Should I skip some of these places or spend less in some, or am I looking good? Open to all suggestions here.
2. Excluding airfare, is $3K USD going to work here?
3. I also flirted with visiting all of the listed spots except Venice. For this itinerary I would do Krakow-HighTatras-Budapest-SLOVENIA-Croatian Coast-Kotor-Mostar-Sarajevo-Belgrade... flying out of Belgrade. This I believe would free up a few days and the flights would be ever so slightly cheaper.
Thoughts and suggestions on all would be much appreciated. Thanks so much!
Eastern Europe Itinerary 1 Month July '12
- 1 Transportation from Venice Island to Treviso Airport?
- 2 Solo in Sicily - April 2013
- 3 Nice
- 4 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 5 Last monte Paris apartment
- 6 ? re hotels in 5 terre
- 7 charming small French city for weeklong stay?
- 8 Beatiful place near Aix-en-Provence or not too far from St Paul de Vence
- 9 HELP stuck in Italy
- 10 I Need To Vent!
- 11 Should We Do Segovia With only 2 1/2 Days in Madrid?
- 12 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 13 Train from Amsterdam to Bruges
- 14 Train tickets
- 15 San Lorenzo Market
- 16 Oceania Cruises - Anyone ever gone on one of these?
- 17 Trip in June to andulusia and algrave portugal
- 18 3 LADIES - NAXOS OR PAROS AS BASE FOR 7 DAYS
- 19 When is the best time to buy train tickets/where?
- 20 2 Week Italy Honeymoon Itinerary Review
- 21 Ireland from Shannon to Cork
- 22 Cuenca or Toledo
- 23 Wimpy's
- 24 semi escorted tours
- 25 Places to stay for a tour of Normandy