I am planning a 4 week trip to europe with my two kids who are ages seven and nine. Please note that this is a once in a lifetime trip. We have been saving for years and it is likely that we will not get back to Europe. My plan is ambitious, but I feel like, it is see it all now or never. Fly to Paris for 3days, lease a Renault and drive to cinque terre Italy for three days, drive to venice for 2 days, ferry to croatia (not sure where yet) for 3 days, drive to Gmunden, Austria stay for 3 days, drive to cesky krumlov, Czech for three days, drive to rothenburge Germany, for three days, then back to Paris to fly home. The general plan is to stay in one quintessential spot for three days in each country and then drive to the next spot and stop for three days. Please note that I am not trying to see the whole country in three days, just one town in that country. The other thing worth noting is that we will be camping the whole time. We are avid campers. My husband and I spent three months in europe 15 years ago, obviously before kids. We camped on that trip too and loved it. I do realize that more time and money would be great, but it is not an option for us. My questions are: what town in croatia would you recommend? Would you consider the towns we chose the most unique/interesting? Any suggested changes, from people who have done a similar trip?
European itinerary with kids ages 7 and 9
- 1 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 2 Hiking in Germany/Innsbruck/Salzburg and where else?
- 3 Loire Valley & Brittany - recommendations?
- 4 Tales from Venice, Bologna, Pienza and Rome
- 5 Slovenia/Northern Croatia in mid-August - hotel and other advice?
- 6 Ireland's Murphy's Pub's
- 7 This is a great book if you are visiting Venice
- 8 What is the best food in France?
- 9 Easyjet luggage/ baggage
- 10 ferry to Harwich
- 11 Barcelona experts PLEASE pick which of these 2,apartments I should rent
- 12 Reporting from Paris May 12-25
- 13 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 14 Berlin Hotels
- 15 UK in the Fall: Trip Suggestions
- 16 One way car rental Lisbon to Bordeaux
- 17 Ireland----the isle of pleasant surprises!
- 18 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 19 Who has travelled with Smart Tours or Friendly Planet??
- 20 Help with Greece+Istanbul Itinerary
- 21 Tennyson Home
- 22 Barcelona neighborhoods and hotels
- 23 Istanbul Hotels
- 24 Where to stay in London in July
- 25 Backpacking through Europe