I'll be travelling to Europe for the first time with my 3 boys (ages 11, 14 and 16) for one month. We love the outdoors more than cities so will try and mix it up as much as possible. I have a rough destination list below and would love any comments, suggestions and advice. We've travelled extensively around Australia (home) and NZ so are good travellers and up for adventure! Many thanks in advance!
Arrive London - recovery and about 2 days
Iceland - southern region - 6 days
Paris - 3 days
Switzerland - 7 days. Thinking the Jungfrau Region? Do I need a car?
Venice - 1 or 2 days (should I drive from Switzerland?)
Rome - 4 days (stopping at Pisa on the way perhaps)
I'm allowing the extra time for travel between places.
Is this itinerary too ambitious?
Any suggestions for gorgeous 'homely' apartments/ b&b's to stay?
Also would prefer to stay away from crowds if at all possible, but this may be unrealistic though. Any ideas are really appreciated
First time Europe one month itinerary - all comments appreciated!
- 1 Sights to see, places to stop in drive from Edinburgh to London
- 2 Hotel question...first time to Paris!
- 3 France by rail or car?
- 4 Best castle for 7 and 9 year old boys
- 5 Hotels in Sorrento
- 6 Hair cuts in Florence
- 7 private tour from cruise port in Naples
- 8 Which tour company would be best?
- 9 How to make a phone call from a pay phone in London to Germany
- 10 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 11 Looking for Paris apartment for honeymoon
- 12 Airport shuttle from CDG to Paris
- 13 I am Planning about to spend holidays at Windermere
- 14 Iwan2go went...to Prague, Salzburg, Vienna and Paris
- 15 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 16 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 17 Help! Creating a Budget for my DS Graduation Trip to Europe
- 18 Stay and Visit Italy/Amalfi and Grand Hotel Ischia Lido - Ischia
- 19 How Long For Santorini?
- 20 Best area for wine and which one?
- 21 Spain and Portugal Itinerary 2 Week Vacation Help
- 22 Help me choose places to visit in Italy
- 23 Backpacking for the first time in 2014
- 24 Apartment Rental Website for Scotland?
- 25 Bavaria and Alpine Itinerary