I'll be travelling to Europe for the first time with my 3 boys (ages 11, 14 and 16) for one month. We love the outdoors more than cities so will try and mix it up as much as possible. I have a rough destination list below and would love any comments, suggestions and advice. We've travelled extensively around Australia (home) and NZ so are good travellers and up for adventure! Many thanks in advance!
Arrive London - recovery and about 2 days
Iceland - southern region - 6 days
Paris - 3 days
Switzerland - 7 days. Thinking the Jungfrau Region? Do I need a car?
Venice - 1 or 2 days (should I drive from Switzerland?)
Rome - 4 days (stopping at Pisa on the way perhaps)
I'm allowing the extra time for travel between places.
Is this itinerary too ambitious?
Any suggestions for gorgeous 'homely' apartments/ b&b's to stay?
Also would prefer to stay away from crowds if at all possible, but this may be unrealistic though. Any ideas are really appreciated
First time Europe one month itinerary - all comments appreciated!
- 1 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 2 Wife's first trip to Europe. Set on Paris & Rome, Need 3rd destination?
- 3 Anyone used Rive Gauche Rive Droit, or worked with William Royer?
- 4 separate beds in Frankfurt and Munich
- 5 Eiffel tower tickets- June8-15 will I need to queue?
- 6 Help needed with ratp site for Paris bus and metro
- 7 Motor Home North Italy Route Suggestions
- 8 France bed and breakfasts and restaurants in Provence, Vaison La Romaine, Uzès, Paris
- 9 East coast trains
- 10 Florence Day Trip to Sienna: should we stop along the way? Where?
- 11 London Itinerary Advice 6-10 September
- 12 Which tour company would be best?
- 13 First night after arriving in Milan
- 14 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 15 Help with Itinerary for Marseille/Provence trip in September
- 16 France by rail or car?
- 17 Planning my days in Paris
- 18 Suggestions for Istanbul Stayover
- 19 Cinque Terre or Lake Como August - 3 nights
- 20 Otherchelebi and others in Istanbul
- 21 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
- 22 Rome weather forecast right now-is anyone there?
- 23 Rome, Florence, Sorrento in 1 week
- 24 ? re hotels in 5 terre
- 25 Sketches from Italy: Rome, Ischia and Frascati