Sydney-sider from Australia here. I'm going to Lublin, Poland end of Feb for a 6-week volunteer program followed by some solo travel through Europe. Not a luxurious trip, happy to stay in hostels and travel on a budget but nothing extremely tight. I'm looking into one way ticket out of Sydney so can head home from wherever and would really appreciate any travel advice about anything and everything! Some info about my trip ideas below:
While in Poland - 6 weekends, 3 or 4 of which I would like to spend in Lublin, Warsaw, Wroclaw and Krakow. The other two weekends I was thinking of a close weekend trip to another country. Not too sure how feasible this is?
After Poland - 6-7 weeks of travelling. Any advice for plane/rail would be great (e.g. what Eurail pass would be best, when airline carriers are better than rail for which ever countries and vice versa, what routes to take, ideal time in each place)!
Primary countries/cities I definitely want to visit: Romania (Cluj & Bucharest), Hungary (Budapest), Czech Republic (Prague), Germany (Berlin & Munich), UK (London).
Secondary countries/cities given time and money is available: Austria (Vienna), Switzerland, France, Belgium, Netherlands.
Looking forward to hearing some responses!
First time in Europe - any advice?
- 1 best place to get euros for Ireland trip
- 2 Villa or Hilltop Town?
- 3 My First Trip to Provence and Paris...Loved!!!
- 4 Hot Air Balloon crash in Cappadocia kills two, injures twenty-three
- 5 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 6 any recommended guides for Krakow area?
- 7 Bruges B&Bs
- 8 Easyjet luggage/ baggage
- 9 Rhine River Intinerary
- 10 If you could go anywhere in Italy......
- 11 Piazza della Liberta -Florence
- 12 Tales from Venice, Bologna, Pienza and Rome
- 13 florence hotel
- 14 France and Italy for wedding and honeymoon
- 15 Getting a Water Taxi during Festa Del Redentore
- 16 Sardinia, Italy
- 17 Iceland Road trip in May
- 18 Eiffel tower tickets- June8-15 will I need to queue?
- 19 Santorini-Nafplio-Delphi-Athens Help
- 20 large supermarket in Munich - where?
- 21 Don't slight Bruges
- 22 Beauty Products in France?!
- 23 Netherland -> Belgium -> West Germany for 18 days
- 24 What is the best food in France?
- 25 Help me decide between Kas and Kalkan!