I am a 22 year old student from Canada, and have never travelled outside of North America. My boyfriend has never been out of NA either, and we would love to travel to Europe for 4 weeks this summer but have no idea where to start in our planning.
My top places to see are:
Florence, Venice, Rome
Amsterdam and/or Berlin
Is it too much of a stretch to include Santorini in there? It's the #1 place I want to go to, but I will definitely make more trips to Europe in the future, so it's not a total dealbreaker. My #2 place to go to is Italy.
What would be the best order to see these places and how should I travel in between?
Is it also feasible to keep this trip under 5000$ (each person)?
Thank you SO much for any help!!
First trip to Europe -- overwhelmed!
- 1 London Evening Activity
- 2 International Trains to Switzerland using Swiss Pass
- 3 rand versus euro
- 4 Germany and Italy
- 5 Venice - another trip report (deja vu all over again)
- 6 Rail 1st class tickets in Germany 2nd class in Switzerland
- 7 Scavi -- Photocopy of ID Sufficient?
- 8 Daytrips to the Alps from Munich
- 9 Rough itinerary for 14 days in the UK
- 10 Hotel question...first time to Paris!
- 11 how much time in York, Edinburgh, etc?
- 12 10 days in Barcelona - itinerary ideas?
- 13 First time to paris...4day stay..what to do?
- 14 Schiphol to cruise port - luggage problem
- 15 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 16 2 days in Venice- where to stay –What to do- Help please!
- 17 In Venice then Wengen - Urgent help to choose Apt + Train ticket Sold Out
- 18 Paris May 23, 2013. What should I wear in Paris?
- 19 Venice - Verona - Padova - Vienna Trip Report
- 20 Alsace question. Itterswiller or Riquewihr, where to stay?
- 21 Any experience with Chateau des Monthairons (Dieue-sur-Meuse near Verdun)?
- 22 Train from Barcelona to Figueras, and Figueras to Perpignan
- 23 Tuscany Lodging - Ankhura vs. Terre di Nano
- 24 Changing of the Guard
- 25 Which tour company would be best?