Next summer I'll be spending a bit of time on some farms in England and Scotland and I have one week between the end of my gig in Scotland and the start of the next one in Cornwall. I'm in my 20's and I'll be travelling solo by train, interested in non-touristy things, little towns, art, wondering around, being outside, etc. I'll have come off of two weeks in London, Oxford, York and Edinburgh with my parents so no need to return there. Here are some ideas:
4 )St. Ives
Hopefully that's enough info for my very broad question. Any recommendations or opinions on awesome places to see would be very helpful - it's my first time in the UK.
Free week anywhere between Edinburgh and Cornwall ~ Suggestions?
- 1 International Trains to Switzerland using Swiss Pass
- 2 May 24, 2013. How to avoid lines in Paris, and other observations
- 3 Time in Strasbourg?
- 4 Loire Valley & Brittany - recommendations?
- 5 Daytrips to the Alps from Munich
- 6 In Venice then Wengen - Urgent help to choose Apt + Train ticket Sold Out
- 7 Free/cheap things to do in London
- 8 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 9 Traveling with a guide in Turkey
- 10 Two weeks in Paris, Provence, and the French Riviera
- 11 Where to travel to after Croatia????
- 12 Dolomites Drives
- 13 Day trip from The Hague to Brussels or Bruges - possible?
- 14 UK Trip, Final Chapter
- 15 Istanbul Logistics Help
- 16 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
- 17 Cinque Terre card and train
- 18 2001: A Maitaitom Italian Odyssey - "The Lost Trip Report"
- 19 how much time in York, Edinburgh, etc?
- 20 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 21 FCO to Fast Train and Best way to travel back from Naples to Rome
- 22 Paris May 23, 2013. What should I wear in Paris?
- 23 2 days in Venice- where to stay –What to do- Help please!
- 24 Which tour company would be best?
- 25 Venice - another trip report (deja vu all over again)