This summer I would like to fly into Rome, Italy and sightsee for three days, then take a train to Venice. After staying in Venice for one day and night, I would like to take a day train through the eastern Alps to Salzburg or Innsbruk. After two days there, then take a train to Munich. Visit Munich area for three days and then fly back to US. Can this trip be done in 10 -12 days (two of those days would be flight days)? Are there day trains that travel through Italy and the Eastern Alps? Can anyone suggest an agenda?
From Rome to Munich via Salzburg
- 1 Looking for Paris apartment for honeymoon
- 2 Spain and Portugal Itinerary 2 Week Vacation Help
- 3 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 4 Normandy on our own?
- 5 Venice - Verona - Padova - Vienna Trip Report
- 6 separate beds in Frankfurt and Munich
- 7 UK Trip, Final Chapter
- 8 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 9 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 10 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 11 Queen Leaves. Maitai Arrives. Coincidence. I Think Not. London Questions
- 12 Daytrips to the Alps from Munich
- 13 Cinque terre or Como/Bellagio for day trip from milan?
- 14 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
- 15 Train tickets - Venice to Florence to Rome
- 16 day trips from Stuttgart
- 17 Our trip to Venice, Montalcino & Florence
- 18 Matlock Public Transport Challenge: Matlock to Red House Carriage Museum
- 19 Car rental
- 20 Ordering wine in Paris
- 21 Florence & ____?____ with a 16 month old baby in September.
- 22 3 Weeks w/ 6 year old in UK (The Trip)
- 23 Paris Recommendations
- 24 Our trip to Rome & the Amalfi Coast (with all transportation logistics included!)
- 25 Need a focus/theme for trip