I will be traveling to Germany for the first time in January of 2013. I will be going for business mostly at the University of Freiburg but plan to add a few days on the end as well as explore Freiburg.
From what I can tell I will have to fly into Frankfurt, Munich, or Zurich as they are the closest airports with trans Atlantic flights. I plan to make my itinerary around either Zurich or Munich or both due to flights.
I know I have a very short amount of time but I absolutely love history, would like to see a castle, drink some beer, and see a bit of German culture and scenery. Any help in planning my trip in the south if Germany would be very much appreciated!!
Germany for a week - based in Freiburg
- 1 France bed and breakfasts and restaurants in Provence, Vaison La Romaine, Uzès, Paris
- 2 Wife's first trip to Europe. Set on Paris & Rome, Need 3rd destination?
- 3 Croatia Question: Korcula or Lastovo?
- 4 15 days in Central Europe
- 5 Day trip from The Hague to Brussels or Bruges - possible?
- 6 Provence & Cote d'Azur in late September...and the planning begins!
- 7 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 8 Safety on a Night Train from Amsterdam to Den Haag?
- 9 See northern lights,end of 2013: Norway/Sweden/Finland
- 10 A few questions about the Amalfi Coast (in May)
- 11 Which tour company would be best?
- 12 Moonliner bus question - can someone help please?
- 13 Berlin Excursion from our ship...
- 14 Musée Marmottan - anything there?
- 15 Alsace question. Itterswiller or Riquewihr, where to stay?
- 16 Rail 1st class tickets in Germany 2nd class in Switzerland
- 17 Rail question 1st class and 2nd class
- 18 Scenic train Milan - Paris
- 19 London at Xmas
- 20 Sardinia in July
- 21 Foggia Day Trip
- 22 Barcelona to Positano
- 23 2 days in Venice- where to stay –What to do- Help please!
- 24 London Evening Activity
- 25 Paris Perfect: change of apartment