I have been stalking the boards for a very long time and finally brave enough to post!
My husband and I are going to Germany/Austria this summer (July) for 10 days and I need some help focusing my interests.
A bit of background on us: late 20s couple, travel pretty extensively (Costa Rica, Spain, Czech republic, Israel, Italy etc), very active (my husband can only deal with so many museums so I need to plan wisely), love culture/music/eating/drinking/outdoors.
We are renting a car from Dusseldorf and flying out of Munich. From my research, here is a list of places or experiences we are interested in which is basically a southern germany/a bit of Austria itinerary.
Wine/beer festival, Neuschwanstein castle (any better options? less touristy?), Dachau, hearing classical music in Vienna, a black forest "visit", mosel or rhine (can't decide), and some typical german villages--non touristy and unique.
Something I really want but if I must can live without-->visiting Cresky Krumlov . The problem is our rental car is not allowed in the country which would mean buses (and 2 days out of our itinerary). Is it worth it?
I know this sounds a bit unorganized and quite frankly, it is. I've had trouble narrowing down my interests and any help offered would be very greatly appreciated!
Germany/Austria Road trip
- 1 Barcelona + Venice Honeymoon in June
- 2 Berlin to Dresden to Prague in eight days
- 3 Mature and Reliable nanny,housekeeper drivers and privatenurse needed in UK
- 4 France Cities for a 14 Day Winter Trip?
- 5 Barcelona neighborhoods and hotels
- 6 Backpacking through Europe
- 7 Eiffel tower tickets- June8-15 will I need to queue?
- 8 2 days in Frankfurt - where to stay -what to do - or straight to Paris
- 9 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 10 Buying tickets for London shows from online sites
- 11 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 12 Riquewihr, France, recommended accommodation
- 13 UK Trip Report So Far....
- 14 France and Italy for wedding and honeymoon
- 15 Levanto, Italy B&B
- 16 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 17 Monaco to Paris
- 18 EuropeanDestinations
- 19 Palace of Versailles guided tours
- 20 Piazza della Liberta -Florence
- 21 ROME itinerary suggestions
- 22 Nuremberg VGN Tageskarten Plus
- 23 any recommended guides for Krakow area?
- 24 just want to know
- 25 Train from London to Edinburgh